Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Returned from the game about an hour ago and am ready to go to bed. What a shame that it was basically over even before the Cubs had a turn at bat. Four runs in the first killed us and the crowd lost any hope and therefore the game just seemed to drag on. I told my brother that I wanted to stay to the end and see what a National League Championship celebration was like, since I'll never see one again in person. If only it would have been for the Cubs... *sigh*.

I tried to explain to my brother on the way home that it felt like the 1998 PF when I knew it was over at halftime. However, this game was over in less than half an hour. At least by the 9th inning I was reconciled to the fact that I shall never be at Wrigley to see the Cubs play in a World Series. In fact that probably was my last trip to Wrigley. I do have my "W" cloth as a souvenir of the day I got to see a team win the National League pennant.:(

Floridog

All Australian
Mar 8, 2014
Southwest Florida
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Florida Everblades
The schedule for my local pro hockey team to which I have season tickets said we were playing Norf. I had to look twice before I realized we were playing the Norfolk Admirals as they are a new addition to the ECHL. Norf scored first but after all was said and done the hometown Everblades came away with a solid 6-1 victory so now I can say:

#lolnorf

LOST

One metal model piece for underside of Milennium Falcon.
If found, please return to Igloo. Before he stabs someone.
Prime suspect is VitalDread.

(pictured - twin of lost piece. It misses its brother)
orZNr6f.png

2 major assignments to submit today then I can focus on study and exam prep.. All this whilst working a demanding full time job :straining:

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Didn't seem like all that long ago that he was diagnosed :(

Vale, Flip. Gone too soon.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Didn't seem like all that long ago that he was diagnosed :(

Vale, Flip. Gone too soon.
I was reading an article on Sunday night about him taking the year off to recover. There were quotes in there suggesting he was keen to come back the season after. 12 hours later he was dead. Surreal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Target ebay has xbox's for $321 atm.

htok

Draftee
Apr 23, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
OKC, Manchester City
Can Starc please keep up this form during the form during the NZ test it would feel good to smash those sheep people after what happened in England.
What would your XI be for the first test?

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What would your XI be for the first test?

1 - Cameron Bancroft
2 - David Warner
3 - Usman Khawaja
4 - Steve Smith (c)
5 - Moises Henriques
6 - Mitch Marsh
7 - Peter Nevill (wk)
8 - Mitchell Johnson
9 - Mitchell Starc
10 - Josh Hazelwood
11 - Nathan Lyon

I want us to go with a younger side than what we have done recently rather than continuingly playing players that are only going to be around for a swan song.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Ricky Rubio, bloody hell.

That was some tribute. Hopefully he's finally kicking on.

And if not, imagine what the likes of Westbrook will do to the Lakers.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
This Thunder-Magic game is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back