Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our politicians are just as bad.

We're just lucky that barely any power whatsoever is concentrated in this country. Every four years, some racist, warmongering bigot has a chance to take charge of the U.S. and wreak all sorts of havoc across the globe.

Trump hasn't been completely laughed out of town, and he's behaving like an exaggerated Civ 5 character. Frightening.

Fallout 4 out today and the Wolves are third in the West.

What a time to be alive.

Shame that Fallout 4 runs like hot garbage. I get massive frame drops all the damn time and it is ugly as sin.
Which platform are you on?

Most people with a PS4 have said it's fine as long as you've installed the latest system update.

Which platform are you on?

Most people with a PS4 have said it's fine as long as you've installed the latest system update.

PC, I have the settings turned down to minimum and everything and yet I still got frame drops in the opening movie. Not to mention it seems like a massive downgrade from New Vegas in that there aren't even skill checks in dialogue (only charisma) which is something that has always been in the series.

Then again, I think that Bethedsa are aggresively mediocre these days since they're committed to using an ancient engine that is barely functional.

2OvECA9.png

Holy s**t, the HUD is tied into the FOV. Phantom Pain not only looks a hundred times better but it runs so much better although that might be because the FOX engine is magic and incredibly optimized.

EDIT: Crafting with the pip-boy requires WASD, arrow keys & the Mouse. I know that Skyrim had a horrible console UI at release but I didn't need to use the arrow keys on top of WASD & the mouse.

Last edited:
PC, I have the settings turned down to minimum and everything and yet I still got frame drops in the opening movie. Not to mention it seems like a massive downgrade from New Vegas in that there aren't even skill checks in dialogue (only charisma) which is something that has always been in the series.

Then again, I think that Bethedsa are aggresively mediocre these days since they're committed to using an ancient engine that is barely functional.
That's annoying. Running like a dream on the PlayStation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bastards! We are are not allowed to get Fallout 4 or Battlefront until Dec. TO many clients to sort out before end of Nov deadlines.

But then we are taking the whole month off, and shall not be seen until we resemble cartman on the WOW episode.

Running beautifully on the Xbone as well.
Also absolutely enjoying the streamlined perks and skill system. It's a solid 8 of a game. Not quite The Witcher but pretty fantastic.
Whats the weapons system like Mike, is it as flexible and creation crazy as they said it would be? also, i am hearing the gun play, FPS gameplay is far improved. true?

They dropped a beta patch on steam which helped the performance problems but it still doesn't help the fact that it just doesn't click for me.

Whats the weapons system like Mike, is it as flexible and creation crazy as they said it would be? also, i am hearing the gun play, FPS gameplay is far improved. true?
Fps is better but still not like an fps. But definitely more viable to play without VATS. Not that you'd want to.

The weapons system is just okay. Plenty of customization but I'm not sure it's the deepest system out there.

Overall if you like Bethesda era Fallout you'll love this.

Fps is better but still not like an fps. But definitely more viable to play without VATS. Not that you'd want to.

The weapons system is just okay. Plenty of customization but I'm not sure it's the deepest system out there.

Overall if you like Bethesda era Fallout you'll love this.

Cheers for that, about what i was expecting, i read the reviews, but game reviewers these days... ya know.

Nothing beats the originals for me, but i do love the new FP style, heavy RPG player so i am the type that makes my own fun, so i quite enjoy bethesda games, warts and all, and by the time i no longer enjoy it, i hit the modding community hard. generally beth games last me couple years easy. Still enjoy my modded to the nackers skyrim on occasion too.

Uni finished for the year.

Time to hibernate for four months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back