Non-AFL chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Not when you have a job where you're on air or a job when you're on your feet the whole time :(

I hate you both.
When you've spent the past 9 months reading 200-300 journal articles and book chapters, studying, attending lectures, conducting/analysing research and writing a thesis, pretty much everything else counts as hibernation. :p

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I'd love to go back in time and kill the TV executives that decided we need commentary with sport.

Mark Taylor, Ian Healy and James Brayshaw are ruining cricket for me.

Stop explaining the rules, stop jumping the gun, stop telling me exactly what I'm seeing and stop destroying the meaning of the words outstanding and extraordinary, you unbelievable thundercampaigners.

james1995

Senior List
Apr 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd love to go back in time and kill the TV executives that decided we need commentary with sport.

Mark Taylor, Ian Healy and James Brayshaw are ruining cricket for me.

Stop explaining the rules, stop jumping the gun, stop telling me exactly what I'm seeing and stop destroying the meaning of the words outstanding and extraordinary, you unbelievable thundercampaigners.
Chuck on 774, much better. Dirk Nannes has been great.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

JTCWBFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
I'm hoping my someone on here may be able to help a fellow bulldog.

I'm travling to the UK in January and hoping to see an EPL game on 2/1/16, particularly Arsenal v Newcastle.

There seems to be so many rogue vendors online, is anyone able to shed light on the best way to get tickets?

nstock98

Rookie
Apr 28, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gday doggies fans
sorry to post this here but i cant find any other place to post it for dogs supporters
i am looking for a western bulldogs guernsey or the likes as a present for a mate
thing is i am on a limited budget, i also would like a number 53 ( not essential but if included would be great)
please move to appropriate place if reqquired
PM me or reply
cheers

Jun 5, 2013
The Stoop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MCFC, Lakers, Phillies, NY Rangers
Has anyone else seen the James Bond film, Spectre yet?
Massive Bond fan here, but that film was atrocious
Yep, I'm also a Bond fan. Thought the story for Spectre was pretty dull, plus it was way too long. If it had been condensed a little that may have helped.

I've also enjoyed most of Christoph Waltz' characters in other films, but he really missed the mark as a Bond villain. This may have had more to do with the script/screenplay than his efforts in portraying the character though.

Last edited:

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep, I'm also a Bond fan. Thought the story for Spectre was pretty dull, plus it was way too long. If it had been condensed a little that may have helped.

I've also enjoyed most of Christoph Waltz' characters in other films, but he really missed the mark as a Bond villain. This may have had more to do with the script/screenplay than his efforts in portraying the character though.
Christoph Waltz had nothing to work with, that character was for the most part horrendously written

he was at his best in this film when he had just a few brief words; the whole long winded speeches was cliched & too predictable

didn't help that it had one of the worst endings to a Bond film that I've ever seen, I thought that Die Another Day was the worst that I'd ever see in cinema
but Spectre just edges it out as the absolute worst

I'm hoping my someone on here may be able to help a fellow bulldog.

I'm travling to the UK in January and hoping to see an EPL game on 2/1/16, particularly Arsenal v Newcastle.

There seems to be so many rogue vendors online, is anyone able to shed light on the best way to get tickets?

Have you contacted the club directly? Arsenal games rarely sell out, crown figures are fudged to include season ticket holders that may not attend so buying a resale ticket (if they do that like most other major sports) would probably be a good option. Always gotta doubt third party sellers because someone is getting a cut somewhere as well, plus the chance you could be buying a fake/getting scammed altogether

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Should've turned heel on Ambrose.

Seriously,they're trying to square hole-round peg Roman by recreating Daniel Bryan. You know, despite Bryan is a scrawny dude that makes you feel like the E legit didn't want him to succeed while Roman is a 260 pound guy who has recieved an obvious nepotism push that has already been rejected once.

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Seriously,they're trying to square hole-round peg Roman by recreating Daniel Bryan. You know, despite Bryan is a scrawny dude that makes you feel like the E legit didn't want him to succeed while Roman is a 260 pound guy who has recieved an obvious nepotism push that has already been rejected once.
Bryan is also the best in ring performer since Benoit and Roman...well isn't.
A guy with his size and look screams cocky monster heel champion. I think he'd get so over as that the people would turn him face by the middle of next year. But the WWE are too scared to take a risk so they're Cenaing him down our throats.

It's a shame as Roman is actually pretty good and talented and even worse Seamus is now champion and nobody wants that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back