Non-AFL chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
Wayne is good mates with my brother in law. Absolute legend. Completely disagree.

So the self confessed drug addictions and issues, ****ing his mates wife and numerous allegations of hitting other partners become "absolute legend". Might be a good bloke but if 20 percent of the media stories are true (and I have never met the man) then "absolute legend" is a fairly disappointing statement. Typical Australian male viewpoint in that he is no doubt funny, good to have a beer with etc etc but the guy has been a self professed prick to allot of people (just reading the biography)....

Pannalstaroz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So the self confessed drug addictions and issues, ****ing his mates wife and numerous allegations of hitting other partners become "absolute legend". Might be a good bloke but if 20 percent of the media stories are true (and I have never met the man) then "absolute legend" is a fairly disappointing statement. Typical Australian male viewpoint in that he is no doubt funny, good to have a beer with etc etc but the guy has been a self professed prick to allot of people (just reading the biography)....
He's not the first to have done those things, nor will he be the last. You may well say what I said is disappointing, as I may say judging someone you haven't met is disappointing. Each to their own. I'm happy to judge people as I meet them, not through what I read.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
He's not the first to have done those things, nor will he be the last. You may well say what I said is disappointing, as I may say judging someone you haven't met is disappointing. Each to their own. I'm happy to judge people as I meet them, not through what I read.

Is he still an absolute legend if it was your sister on the other end of one of those fists? Tell me the stories are crap and I'll back away from this but he has acknowledged enough of it is true to know the guy has, at best, a track record of treating many women "poorly". Insert what you will there. I don't care how many others have done it, it's weak as piss and it's pathetic to say he's an absolute legend given his behaviour. You post a lot of insight on this board. This thread is a swing and a miss....

Is he still an absolute legend if it was your sister on the other end of one of those fists? Tell me the stories are crap and I'll back away from this but he has acknowledged enough of it is true to know the guy has, at best, a track record of treating many women "poorly". Insert what you will there. I don't care how many others have done it, it's weak as piss and it's pathetic to say he's an absolute legend given his behaviour. You post a lot of insight on this board. This thread is a swing and a miss....
Ive had mates that were great to have a beer with but absolute tools in domestic relationships, I'm no longer friends with them, anyone who hits their partner is a campaigner of a human no matter how good a bloke they are outside of that.

Ozil

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Rugby league continues to cover itself in glory...

Ozil

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
League doesn't have 19 players from 5 clubs missing 12 months of football as drug cheats. Easy on the moral high ground stuff.
Ha, you won't hear any moralising from me, as far as the AFL is concerned.

But it's not the first instance of an NRL player fornicating with an animal (which was only one of a few disturbing aspects of that clip), and I'll bet it won't be the last. God help the PR managers up there who have to answer the 'please explains'.

League doesn't have 19 players from 5 clubs missing 12 months of football as drug cheats. Easy on the moral high ground stuff.

They actually had 19 players. One was caught and got 2 years, the others took a plea bargain and got 3 weeks. But nobody were so messed up that they would consider doing it with a dog.

Yep, those NRL boys are all so drug free!!!!
Facts is facts bro. 34 convicted. 17 still playing, plus the 2 collingwood boys. Saad and Crowley in the last 18 months as well.

I used to subscribe to the "league has a worse culture than AFL" theory, but I sure as hell don't these days.

Facts is facts bro. 34 convicted. 17 still playing, plus the 2 collingwood boys. Saad and Crowley in the last 18 months as well.

I used to subscribe to the "league has a worse culture than AFL" theory, but I sure as hell don't these days.

Mate, I reckon you could just throw them all in one big bucket and mix them up and the only way to tell the difference would be whether they ask for a pot or a schooner at the bar.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Someone should do a tally of all the stupid crap AFL and NRL players have done over the years.

I'm different to a lot of people in that I like league, also a paid up Storm member. Prefer AFL though. I reckon league players are a bit worse than AFL players.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't believe the AFL propaganda. All just as bad as each other although NRL seem to struggle with animals and urine which makes for cheap laughs.
I completely agree the AFL has issues. I'm not ignorant to that. The programs that the league and clubs have in place though, generally give AFL clubs a better culture and grounding for wellbeing.

I completely agree the AFL has issues. I'm not ignorant to that. The programs that the league and clubs have in place though, generally give AFL clubs a better culture and grounding for wellbeing.
The culture and grounding for wellbeing that currently has 36 players suspended as convicted drug cheats?

Mitchell Pearce is a dickhead. No question.

But soberly, pro actively cheating to further your career and for a club to win games is as abhorrent as it gets.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The culture and grounding for wellbeing that currently has 36 players suspended as convicted drug cheats?

Mitchell Pearce is a dickhead. No question.

But soberly, pro actively cheating to further your career and for a club to win games is as abhorrent as it gets.

There's an NRL club that did far worse. The only difference is they knew they did some seriously wrong s**t a small took a deal. Your argument about Essendon isn't really a valid one.

There's an NRL club that did far worse. The only difference is they knew they did some seriously wrong s**t a small took a deal. Your argument about Essendon isn't really a valid one.
Keep believing the spin. Fair Dinkum. The bubble the AFL has created is insane.

I'm as obsessed by football as anyone, but the code has massive, massive cultural problems. Step outside the herald-sun, melbourne footy myth making factory and take a look at things from another angle.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Keep believing the spin. Fair Dinkum. The bubble the AFL has created is insane.
I don't pay attention to any "bubble"
I don't post on the main board, don't watch the news, don't read the newspapers or read the articles on the AFL app, but you believe what you want, because clearly your opinion is the right one on every subject that anyone could possibly talk about. Anything else is just plain wrong...

I actually play football and have played for years, I've coached footy at junior and now senior level. I also personally know quite a few AFL players and am very close with 5-6 immediate family members of different AFL footballers. Footy clubs have a lot of runs on the board and are a long way ahead of NRL clubs. But you stay in your anti AFL bubble.

I have no strong feelings or agenda here but the program's you speak of are window dressing. Both codes are professional players living in a bubble and being treated like gods. What makes you think there should be any major difference between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back