No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of beers later and this game is slightly more watchable - no footy yesterday helps its cause immensely.
I would've had money on Norf too, I wasn't going to knock them back at $2 against Collingwood.

Nah come on guys. North are a top four team, Harvey is the best player the game has seen, Atley is the next Judd and Ziebell is better than Libba.

Hard to gauge form right now, Pies have been pretty s**t up till now, North had a good three weeks leading up to this.
Really hard to gauge most teams right now. All of Geelong, Sydney, West Coast, North, Adelaide, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Essendon are all in the, "how good are they actually?" pile for me.

Really hard to gauge most teams right now. All of Geelong, Sydney, West Coast, North, Adelaide, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Essendon are all in the, "how good are they actually?" pile for me.
Agree with this, except I'd take Geelong out of the pile. The side's so markedly different from that which won the flags but it's stayed competitive and well drilled, I still have them in the top four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayshaw behind David King checking his phone, that should make Caro happy.

Agree with this, except I'd take Geelong out of the pile. The side's so markedly different from that which won the flags but it's stayed competitive and well drilled, I still have them in the top four.
I think they end up top four as well but I just don't know how good they really are (might find out Monday). They've beaten a hopeless Adelaide, beaten a very young Brisbane by much less than they should've (only 25), Collingwood playing relatively poor footy by only 11, and a West Coast side totally depleted by injury and suspension. I don't think they've played overly well in any of those matches. They're top four for mine but only on the back of so many other teams being disappointing.

I think they end up top four as well but I just don't know how good they really are (might find out Monday). They've beaten a hopeless Adelaide, beaten a very young Brisbane by much less than they should've (only 25), Collingwood playing relatively poor footy by only 11, and a West Coast side totally depleted by injury and suspension. I don't think they've played overly well in any of those matches. They're top four for mine but only on the back of so many other teams being disappointing.
Makes a lot of sense.
The competition is quite unbalanced but I don't think it's a result of any dilution of talent and so forth. Sides can recruit in a one dimensional manner (North, Richmond), recruit extraordinarily poorly (Melbourne) or be constantly depleted by injury, raising questions about their training and fitness regime (West Coast).

The thing with Geelong is that I still back them to defeat most sides in the competition, and match the better sides and have the game sense to get over the line in a close one. The brand of football they play doesn't always come together at once which probably leads to performances as we saw against Brisbane last year, Fremantle in the qualifying final and so on. I'd love to see them knocked off their perch. Been up for far too long.
You can't help but respect the method down there, though.

Brayshaw behind David King checking his phone, that should make Caro happy.
It was Eddie texting him that he hasn't fulfilled his quota of disparaging Bulldogs comments today and that what he giveth he can also taketh away...

lap-dog-2.jpg

anyone else hear eddie say that good friday should be given to "powerhouse clubs". How greedy can you get eddie

and he doesn't mean essendon or carlton, nope
he'd mean collingwood :oops: just doesn't have the balls to say that
claims he wants "equalization" ...... i smell bullshit

Harsh on north. I was at the scg last week and they were awesome.

Coming off a 6 day break and a tough slog in the wet against the swans. Ziebell and swallow make them a lot better as well. They'll make the 8.

This eagles, port game is ridiculous by the way. We don't play at this speed, that's for sure. It's another level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back