No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think success is going to pass Norf by. They lack class. I don't see any Bontempelli's, Stringers, Macraes et al etc coming through for them. They could be St Kilda in 2 years.
I agree 100%. There's no defining traits among any of their players.

They play good, honest footy, and they could slot into a few sides, but they lack X factor, which I believe we have in spades. Harnessing it is a different beast, but I'm supremely confident in 'X-factor' players like Stringer, Bontempelli and Hunter to deliver.

They play good, honest footy, and they could slot into a few sides, but they lack X factor, which I believe we have in spades. Harnessing it is a different beast, but I'm supremely confident in 'X-factor' players like Stringer, Bontempelli and Hunter to deliver.

Their best player is 37, that tells you alot.

I think we're in a reasonable position to judge. We've been watching a team of honest toilers with flecks of class for the last 3 years (and know how that looked) and now we have a veritable smorgasbord of top end talent that will take us places. Norf haven't got that and unless they've got some ripper F/S picks close at hand they're in a spot of bother I'd suggest. Good Friday will be just another name for a spanking.

Heard a little interesting legal scuttlebutt tonight that at least one of the 34 Essendon past and present players that have been presented with a show cause notice was currently deep in the process of preparing to lodge proceedings against the club. To say that duty of care was lax at Windy Hill would be the understatement of the century.

Make of that what you will.

The only x-factor that they have on that list that I can see is Wells and Harvey. One is 29, the other is 36.

Oh and Atley. He'll have a breakout year next year. Just you wait.

I rate Cunnington and Ziebill. Key forwards are a worry for them though, Black hasn't kicked on and Petrie won't be around too much longer.
Don't get me wrong, Cunnington is a very good player. But he doesn't have that x factor. Ziebell I personally just don't rate.

I rate Cunnington and Ziebill. Key forwards are a worry for them though, Black hasn't kicked on and Petrie won't be around too much longer.
I've rated Ziebell for years, but just lost some faith in the last couple. He certainly has the tools.
Cunnington not so much, he's hard working but seems limited.
The only x-factor that they have on that list that I can see is Wells and Harvey. One is 29, the other is 36.

Oh and Atley. He'll have a breakout year next year. Just you wait.
While watching it, I said to my old man 'Hey, this is the bloke all the North supporters rate, he isn't so bad' as he charged out of the backline... and dropped and fumbled it :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need. Poor mans Macrae. Kicking skills and pace were grossly overrated in my opinion.
Players can be considered quick and skillful at lower levels, it's still a big step up to the AFL, even the slowest AFL footballers are well above average.

you forgot Majak Daw? ;):eek: as far as 'x-factor' its probably right they don't have enough, especially for the future
players that can go off and have a big game for them like a Brent Harvey

it isn't like they have not been trying to add some, look at the draft where they added Taylor Garner and Mason Wood
definitely reaching a bit to add something like that (missed out on Hrovat/Grundy/Ben Kennedy/ with their Garner pick)
basically loads of players, just shows you
you can't get it wrong with the draft, this is why I hope we don't trade off all our picks for players ...again

Great, now we have no choice but to have this as both Boyd's and Gia's retirement game, as well as dedicating it to Tom Williams. That way we have the stronger ammunition.
Except Boyd won't be retiring. Nah, we have the stronger team, that's all that's required, sorry Lenny.

North is probably suffering from middle-of-the-pack syndrome. Never quite good enough to challenge for a top four spot but never quite bad enough to get the real cream of the draft which you need to be able to challenge the best clubs. They get stuck in the mid-table churn. Richmond too.

They need a circuit-breaker. Either some breakout Buddy/Tippett-like deals, or a couple of years in the cellar.

Can't believe the decision against Majak Daw for his spoil on Henderson in Q4. North defenders justifiably asked what for?
Ump's response was 'marking interference'. When was that a rule?
No high contact was made, or in the back, or chopping the arms or in the front. Just a spoil.
I'd like to see how the umpiring department explains that one.
They won't. They will cover each other's backs as usual. Nothing to see here ... move along please.

Just an addendum to my previous post. And this really pains me, but those pinning for 'Bomber' to be added to our coaching panel, really need to look elsewhere.

Once again make of that what you will.

Saints off to a good start, cue Dan Lonergan telling us how much further along they are than us :p
But Melbourne are further along in the rebuild than the dogs!

THEY HAVE PAUL ROOS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back