No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why? it was a dangerous bump and got him high whether it got him in the head or not. You used to be able to get reported for attempted striking, incidentally is that still reportable or not?
True. But how many times has the MRP come back with the old hit him in the shoulder excuse? Also attempted striking implies intent, not sure they'll go for that nowadays considering how reluctant they are to grade any incident as intentional.

True. But how many times has the MRP come back with the old hit him in the shoulder excuse? Also attempted striking implies intent, not sure they'll go for that nowadays considering how reluctant they are to grade any incident as intentional.
Cool, look i doubt he will go myself but i still believe under the rules he should go, it seemed you were disputing that bit by saying you need to get him in the head.. i'll concede you may have meant you still need to get him in the head and cause major injury if you play for the AFEL's love child to be suspended

Coons playing well, happy for him. But jeebus this game has had no pressure whatsoever, both teams look like they are touch footy teams. The little contact that has been made and they sook like a baby, Christensen looks like he is even crying.

Cool, look i doubt he will go myself but i still believe under the rules he should go, it seemed you were disputing that bit by saying you need to get him in the head.. i'll concede you may have meant you still need to get him in the head and cause major injury if you play for the AFEL's love child to be suspended
I wasn't really disputing anything, think that under the rules he should cop a week, but probably won't.

I wasn't really disputing anything, think that under the rules he should cop a week, but probably won't.
I think that he has a history of doing things like that already in his short career, I was SICK when they made him smashing into JJ the number one toughest/bravest (can't remember) act of the season
it isn't either, JJ had his collarbone broken!

And now I wake up to find out that Richmond won. What a dreadful end to Saturday. At least today's another day.

Like last week, I tipped the first seven matches correctly and got the last two wrong.:mad:

Least Davis is out, thats some good news.
I'd be interested to know if Goodes did what Cameron did, and if Cameron did what Goodes did would the penalties be the same. I'm guessing Cameron would still get a fine, and Goodes would get a week off. In my opinion it's because it's Cameron that he gets away with more. Maybe I need to remove my tinfoil hat :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested to know if Goodes did what Cameron did, and if Cameron did what Goodes did would the penalties be the same. I'm guessing Cameron would still get a fine, and Goodes would get a week off. In my opinion it's because it's Cameron that he gets away with more. Maybe I need to remove my tinfoil hat :p
It's hard to avoid that conclusion though. It seems he's getting a reputation as a sniper and knows he'll get a lenient hearing from MRP based on past experience. What happened to the war on the dangerous bump? Gone the way of all AFL fads.

When someone does eventually snap a player's neck doing that (whether it's Cameron or someone else who does it) there will be an almighty uproar and self-righteous demands for action to expunge this sort of possibility from the game. Some of those people who will be among the loudest in the uproar are remarkably silent right now and will need to be reminded of their hypocrisy (if not complicity) for having been silent on the lenient treatment of incidents like this.

It stinks.

11295582_10152852140231439_222566730851355153_n.jpg

I'd like to see Cameron's career ended by a front on bump to the head. * that campaigner, dirty bastard went after the Adelaide players head and missed. Went after JJs head and missed. Only by good fortune, not intent. The AFL have given him a free pass to break a blokes neck so long as he disguises it a little. Disgrace.

Both those examples are exactly what the whole "head is sacrosanct" hysteria were supposed to stop. Instead it's a witch hunt against blokes who bump fairly or generate incidental contact in collisions like May and Goodes, while snipers acts like Camerons get rewarded as tough play.

It's hard to avoid that conclusion though. It seems he's getting a reputation as a sniper and knows he'll get a lenient hearing from MRP based on past experience. What happened to the war on the dangerous bump? Gone the way of all AFL fads.

When someone does eventually snap a player's neck doing that (whether it's Cameron or someone else who does it) there will be an almighty uproar and self-righteous demands for action to expunge this sort of possibility from the game. Some of those people who will be among the loudest in the uproar are remarkably silent right now and will need to be reminded of their hypocrisy (if not complicity) for having been silent on the lenient treatment of incidents like this.

It stinks.
Accountable media? Yeah that reminds me of the time ONE SINGLE PERSON said we shouldn't make Griffen captain but all backhand us about murphy now saying we should've done it ages ago

Accountable media? Yeah that reminds me of the time ONE SINGLE PERSON said we shouldn't make Griffen captain but all backhand us about murphy now saying we should've done it ages ago
hmmm yes

edit - sorry wires crossed

Last edited:
I'd like to see Cameron's career ended by a front on bump to the head. **** that campaigner, dirty bastard went after the Adelaide players head and missed. Went after JJs head and missed. Only by good fortune, not intent. The AFL have given him a free pass to break a blokes neck so long as he disguises it a little. Disgrace.

Both those examples are exactly what the whole "head is sacrosanct" hysteria were supposed to stop. Instead it's a witch hunt against blokes who bump fairly or generate incidental contact in collisions like May and Goodes, while snipers acts like Camerons get rewarded as tough play.
I'm going to assume the Goodes incident is the one where he comes in
to shepherd across half back and cleans the chasing Melbourne players
cage out a little, sorry buddy not surprised he was cited for that one
as it was excessive. May should have taken the two weeks clearly
left the line of the ball to engage the player and keep the ball boundary
side in other words initiated the contact.

Jeremy Cameron should have got two weeks for the Johannisen bump
where he popped his collar bone out of it's socket, but saying that i
love watching Cameron have him in both my fantasy sides and would
never wish injury upon any player be he Bulldog or not.o_O

The Cameron non-decision and the Goodes decision is bloody frustrating. Hope we smash the plastic franchise by 10 goals. I think we're due too....

I'm going to assume the Goodes incident is the one where he comes in
to shepherd across half back and cleans the chasing Melbourne players
cage out a little, sorry buddy not surprised he was cited for that one
as it was excessive. May should have taken the two weeks clearly
left the line of the ball to engage the player and keep the ball boundary
side in other words initiated the contact.

Jeremy Cameron should have got two weeks for the Johannisen bump
where he popped his collar bone out of it's socket, but saying that i
love watching Cameron have him in both my fantasy sides and would
never wish injury upon any player be he Bulldog or not.o_O
Posts like this are what's wrong with football today. Suspending guys for fair bumps...I can only shake my head the AFL and MRP have ruined this sport.

"Liam just needs a great coach like Mick to give him confidents."

I wonder if old mate has any 'confidents' in his new club at the moment.

Wonder if the explosive animal wishes he was still with us? :)

Looks like Mick's been sacked.

Wonder if the explosive animal wishes he was still with us? :)
To be fair to Mick, Jones' season did spontaneously combust at quarter time of Round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back