No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posts like this are what's wrong with football today. Suspending guys for fair bumps...I can only shake my head the AFL and MRP have ruined this sport.
I thought the post i responded to, where the guy called for Cameron's
career to be ended with a high bump is what's wrong with football
today. The two bumps i questioned (May and Goodes) both had options
that if taken would not have resulted in 1-an unconscious player going
to hospital for playing the ball and 2-a player going off the ground
that had no chance of catching his opponent anyway.

I thought you may have realized that in these uncertain times where
the effects of career ending concussions are coming strongly into
focus, that legislating penalties becomes harder given the speed of
the game and congestion around the ball. When is an incident able
to be avoided and when is it instinctive and in play.

I thought the post i responded to, where the guy called for Cameron's
career to be ended with a high bump is what's wrong with football
today. The two bumps i questioned (May and Goodes) both had options
that if taken would not have resulted in 1-an unconscious player going
to hospital for playing the ball and 2-a player going off the ground
that had no chance of catching his opponent anyway.

I thought you may have realized that in these uncertain times where
the effects of career ending concussions are coming strongly into
focus, that legislating penalties becomes harder given the speed of
the game and congestion around the ball. When is an incident able
to be avoided and when is it instinctive and in play.
No that post is what was wrong with football before.
Thanks for the lecture on a subject I know plenty about.
But if those bumps are worthy of suspension then the bump should be outlawed entirely. They were fair and any contact to the head was incidental, the fact that the other player was injured is just bad luck. What Cameron did on the weekend was far worse than either of them.

No that post is what was wrong with football before.
Thanks for the lecture on a subject I know plenty about.
But if those bumps are worthy of suspension then the bump should be outlawed entirely. They were fair and any contact to the head was incidental, the fact that the other player was injured is just bad luck. What Cameron did on the weekend was far worse than either of them.
Not lecturing at all, and you are welcome to your opinion.

Malthouse.... I've always thought he was a smidge overrated and he's arrogant bastard that I wouldn't want to have a beer with, but the length of his career and the people he influenced is something to be applauded. Good luck to him.

Mick Malthouse allowed me to see the Bulldogs in a Final for my very first time in 1985. Of course, we lost to Hawthorn by 93 points, but what the heck. :p

Kinda strange that he moved to Perth to coach the Eagles the same year I came back to Melbourne from a year in Perth. I guess that town wasn't big enough for the two of us.

I will always have many happy memories of the years he spent with us(even though he was a Richmond player - at least he wasn't Royce Hart).

That's done. Hard to feel any sympathy for Mick with a payout somewhere in the vicinity of $500k coming his way.

So which coach do we think that the vultures in the media will start circling next?

How's Rocket going? Injuries enough of an excuse perhaps to delay the onset of the vulture pack.

That's done. Hard to feel any sympathy for Mick with a payout somewhere in the vicinity of $500k coming his way.

So which coach do we think that the vultures in the media will start circling next?

How's Rocket going? Injuries enough of an excuse perhaps to delay the onset of the vulture pack.

I'm sure that there will be problems with whoever they pick, Carltons list is a basket case

I hope they don't poach Monty though, would he leave in the middle of a season? o_O

Too early on Rocket. Hardwick and Norf's Scott in the crosshairs depending on results.

Spewing we didn't get a crack at the basket case Blues before Mick was sacked, I've said it before somewhere earlier though they can change the coach mid season but not the list at least.

I'm sure that there will be problems with whoever they pick, Carltons list is a basket case

I hope they don't poach Monty though, would he leave in the middle of a season? o_O
Wasn't he the one causing the dramas backstabbing Macca ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has an interim coach ever been sacked before? Everybody outside of the Carlton board it would seem can see their list is a big stinking pile of crap.

So we can Boo players....... Unless your Adam Goodes. Honestly, how precious is this bloke? :(

And now the boos are apperently racially motivated? What nonsense

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to another sanctimonious article from 'Robbo" blaming Mick's sacking on the evil forces of social media. When in fact it was a combination of Carlton's epically...misplaced hubris and the unrelenting pressure brought to bear during a long running campaign by some very high profile media types to get their pound of Mick flesh* after years of him treating them and the rest of their trash can bothering cohort in the media with utter contempt.

I just happen to work very near by to Princess Park and took this image of the assembled media and other interested parties with my box brownie as I made my way to the tram stop.

mediavultures.jpg

I shed no tears for Mick Malthouse.

*Yes I did!

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-26/goodes-doesnt-understand-why-he-is-being-booed-in-melbourne

Why is Adam Goodes trying to make him being booed into a race thing? This is why he gets booed... if you don't like adam goodes you're racist.
Maybe some people aren't a fan of snipers who think they're bigger than the game?
Nah it's obviously racist, you know because he's the only indigenous player in the league.

Edit: after reading the article I was pretty far off, journos trying to turn this into race baiting. Still think he's a bit of a big head who goes the knuckle but probably not enough to boo him for it. Cameron is copping it this week though.

Last edited:
Maybe some people aren't a fan of snipers who think they're bigger than the game?
Nah it's obviously racist, you know because he's the only indigenous player in the league.

He must not have liked his home crowd the last two minutes of our game then.. all that booing

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-26/goodes-doesnt-understand-why-he-is-being-booed-in-melbourne

Why is Adam Goodes trying to make him being booed into a race thing? This is why he gets booed... if you don't like adam goodes you're racist.
Watching him being interviewed I don't believe he did. He was asked why he thought he was being booed to which he answered "I don't know." Then, asked by the media "Do you think it's race related?" he said "I don't know, you'd have to ask the Hawthorn supporters that were doing the booing." Perfectly reasonable answers to the questions he was asked.

Adam Goodes is the only current footballer I hear openly and unapologetically naming racism for what it is, and if people don't think that's a factor in him getting booed (and copping s**t on here) they're kidding themselves. The way people talk on here it's like somehow because Goodes talks about racism, magically he can never rightly be considered a victim of it and everything that's targeted at him is automatically 100% morally pure no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back