No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Tiges. I want to see Hawthorn fans stream out, for a change.

66k crowd is a record for haw/rich that stat amazes me. 2 melbourne clubs with a combined membership of 143k I think 66k attendance is below par for one of the biggest friday night games of the year.

Just enjoy them getting smashed in the finals. Just depends on the Swans whether it's just the one loss or straight sets.
I'd like you to be right but they look different this time. They applied pressure relentlessly for 120mins. That takes a committment and work ethic. Painful as it may be, I think they've turned the corner.
PS. an entertaining Friday night game, something was missing.....

I'd like you to be right but they look different this time. They applied pressure relentlessly for 120mins. That takes a committment and work ethic. Painful as it may be, I think they've turned the corner.
Nah. They'll revert to type. Tigers don't change their stripes.

goddamn now we have to listen to the Tigers thinking they are contenders :( should have knocked off the 2 favourites in the last 2 weeks
They are contenders, but still every chance they will choke when the real stuff is on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crap game. If that's 2 of the best sides going at it, the competition really is in trouble. Boring stuff
the game will only get more boring once the AFL decreases the interchange cap
the coaches will force more stoppages then there already are, just to conserve the players energy
we will end up seeing less free flowing football & spectacular marks; which is what the AFL wants apparently..

because the AFL wants to butcher the rules to try to make the game more exciting to those that don't even like our sport!

the coaches will force more stoppages then there already are, just to conserve the players energy
we will end up seeing less free flowing football & spectacular marks; which is what the AFL wants apparently..

because the AFL wants to butcher the rules to try to make the game more exciting to those that don't even like our sport!
This! They will still have the base fitness to make it to contests, but will be fatigued and lack the explosive energy to burst away from the contest. Result, more stoppages. I almost hope it happens just to prove that the commission/rules of the game committee need to leave it alone.

I enjoyed last night's game, but thought the stoppages went on for way too long. Why doesn't the umpire blow up straight away, rush in and ball it up instead of waiting for a scrum to form?

Anyway....

Let's revisit a 10 year running debate now that we have taken off our parochial glasses..

Deledio vs Griffen. Who's better?

I think the debate was close for the first few years but now Lids has turned the corner and opened a fair gap as he gallops down the straight.

Why isn't he captain instead of selfish sideways Cotchin (who I don't rate at all?)

Neither Lids or Griffen are consistent or superstarish enough to be absolute A graders but I don't think the traitorous one could pull of a game as good as we saw from the Tigers no.9 last night

Nathan Buckley said that if the interchanges decrease coaches will just put more and more players around & behind the ball. Yawn.

We don't need new rules, we just need braver coaches. There still are great games of footy but the coaches association should meet with the AFL at the start of each season and sign a declaration saying they'll play in the spirit of our great game instead of killing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back