MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't the reason , super coach Paul Roos only managed 4 wins with the list

Neeld was a horrible coach but the admin through to the people who picked at the draft table are equally as responsible

Look at where the list was when Neeld took over and where it was when he left. Roos did a shitload to salvage what was left but he's basically indirectly gone on record and said that the previous regime destroyed the list.

Well it's around half past nine at night and i'm still laughing

Maybe now Essendon will reveal that Neeld was in fact employed by them secretly all this time. Essendon got him to undermine us so we wouldn't be their bogy team anymore. Or was Craig the mastermind all along and Neeld his accomplice
Yep crackpot conspiracy theories

Well it's around half past nine at night and i'm still laughing

Maybe now Essendon will reveal that Neeld was in fact employed by them secretly all this time. Essendon got him to undermine us so we wouldn't be their bogy team anymore. Or was Craig the mastermind all along and Neeld his accomplice
Yep crackpot conspiracy theories

Still think Neeld and Dawes were a long-con practical joke of Eddie Maguire's; and it may still be going on with Laboomboom

I despise Neeld now but think there was other things at play

He's not the sole reason for our problems

His delivery to players sucked but as a back seat role he may be ok

He definitely wasn't cut out for head coach

Though I will laugh when he says "Jobe, you're the worst drug cheat Brownlow medalist, Dyson you're the easiest mid to coach against, dustin you're too old for this s**t"

Well this has made my day.

Had they announced him the day before Mark Harvey, and given the impression to Bombers supporters that he was the natural successor to Hird as head coach should he bite the dust....... I probably would have wet myself.

Neeld's credentials as an assistant coach are pretty good. He was in charge of Collingwood's midfield in 2010-11 and before that their defence and got both groups to perform very well (yes he had plenty of talent to work with, but they were awesome during those years). He's also worked with a TAC cup side since we gave him the arse so I suppose he'd have some grasp of 'development'. When he isn't running the show he could be a more reasonable guy and I'm sure he'd have learnt from his (many) *ups with us about what to avoid.
Also as others have pointed out, Neeld (while a s**t coach) was one of many reasons for our shitness in 2012-2013. A major one, granted, but there was plenty more at play during those years I think.
Essendon amassing failed senior coaches (Neeld, Harvey, Craig) is kinda funny though.

It was weird. On top of this there was seeming outrage on AW tonight that Scott West wasn't getting an interview for the Bulldogs position.

It's like people don't actually realised how god-awful this Melbourne team is. Like it got to a point where they were so bad that they were just numb to it.

I'm hearing Blease has been offered a one year deal from the Cats. Already a fan favourite on the Geelong board from what i can tell and he hasn't even signed yet

Yep. If Roos had taken over in 2012 we'd have definitely won more games than we did in 2011.

What part did neeld mess up ??

Jamie bennell? Cale Morton?? Jordan gysberts ?? Brent moloney?? Lucas cook??

That 2011 list was never going anywhere
Sure he ****ed up but most of the team was drafted in the bailey era and bad luck lost him our 2 best forwards

Sure Roos would have implemented a defensive style without gutting the list but neeld wasn't wrong with what he was trying to do ... Just the execution

Morton, Gysberts, Moloney and Bennell were fine until Neeld came along. Moloney had just won our B&F. They were just at a precarious state in their development. Neeld also completely ****ed Watts, Trengove and Grimes. Only things to come good were Jones, Garland, and McDonald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morton, Gysberts, Moloney and Bennell were fine until Neeld came along. Moloney had just won our B&F. They were just at a precarious state in their development. Neeld also completely ****** Watts, Trengove and Grimes. Only things to come good were Jones, Garland, and McDonald.

How did he * watts?? Trengove was injuries ... That was mission
Moloney won a bnf playing well only in games that suited him
We couldn't beat any team that wasn't interstate at home under bailey except Richmond and essendon
We were constantly embarrassed by good teams

Neeld came in and try to change a s**t culture but made it worse

He was horrible but he was 1 of about 1000 things wrong

How did he **** watts?? Trengove was injuries ... That was mission
Moloney won a bnf playing well only in games that suited him
We couldn't beat any team that wasn't interstate at home under bailey except Richmond and essendon
We were constantly embarrassed by good teams

Neeld came in and try to change a s**t culture but made it worse

He was horrible but he was 1 of about 1000 things wrong
How did he * Watts????

Are you joking?

Watts improved under Neeld. More so than he has improved so far under Roos.
Because he was a #1 pick who was bound to improve as he got older and stronger.

Honestly, I can't believe people are questioning this.

Neeld ruined Watts mentally. He told him he wasn't good enough to his face, he used him as a scapegoat for his own failures, he threw him all around the ground and then blamed him for not having a position.

Jack genuinely found it hard to come to work, so much so that football lost all of its appeal, and that's straight from the horse's mouth.

Remember 148? When Watts was 2 on 1 on the wing and Neville Jetta (the dogshit version) booted it to him but he had nowhere to go and nobody presented (we were flooding) and was eventually caught HTB. Watts was dragged and subbed for that.

Honestly, you take away the 4 gimme wins against expansion sides and Neeld won 1/29 games.

That's 3.4% of matches won with a side that had come off 38% in the last two seasons.

It wasn't just Watts either. The only player at a crucial stage of development where they could have gone either way that turned out good was McDonald.

Neeld gave up on Stefan Martin early and also told him that he would never make it.

The guy was out of his depth, and compensated for his own failings for being an utter prick to the playing group who's performance, development and wellbeing he had been trusted to foster.

Petracca's right, good luck to the dude because everyone makes mistakes. But if I hear one more person claiming that Neeld was alright and that it was Bailey's s**t culture/Roos hasn't done any better I will lose it.

Because he was a #1 pick who was bound to improve as he got older and stronger.

Honestly, I can't believe people are questioning this.

Neeld ruined Watts mentally. He told him he wasn't good enough to his face, he used him as a scapegoat for his own failures, he threw him all around the ground and then blamed him for not having a position.

Jack genuinely found it hard to come to work, so much so that football lost all of its appeal, and that's straight from the horse's mouth.

Remember 148? When Watts was 2 on 1 on the wing and Neville Jetta (the dogshit version) booted it to him but he had nowhere to go and nobody presented (we were flooding) and was eventually caught HTB. Watts was dragged and subbed for that.

Honestly, you take away the 4 gimme wins against expansion sides and Neeld won 1/29 games.

That's 3.4% of matches won with a side that had come off 38% in the last two seasons.

It wasn't just Watts either. The only player at a crucial stage of development where they could have gone either way that turned out good was McDonald.

Neeld gave up on Stefan Martin early and also told him that he would never make it.

The guy was out of his depth, and compensated for his own failings for being an utter prick to the playing group who's performance, development and wellbeing he had been trusted to foster.

Petracca's right, good luck to the dude because everyone makes mistakes. But if I hear one more person claiming that Neeld was alright and that it was Bailey's s**t culture/Roos hasn't done any better I will lose it.

Neeld was alright and that it was Bailey's s**t culture/Roos hasn't done any better *ducks*

Nah, seriously, difficult to disagree with anything you said. His approach to the playing group was shocking and completely wrong, and he stalled / set back the development of many players

Definitely way, way out of his depth as a senior coach

Our issues were all caused by Cameron (I get waste money) Schwab. I said it in a post about the poor administration.

The credited him for debt reduction, when the majority of debt was left overs from his previous administration.

any CEO who borrows money as a personal loan has no right being a CEO of a football club (which was in debt).

His handing out off contracts cost us millions.

His employing of family members (not his but Stynes family members) was not best person for the job.

The lean is playing for draft picks was ordinary.

IMO - Melbourne for once has a good administrator and being run properly, drafting from now on will be better (still a crap shoot sometimes) but least the business is in good hands.

The stench of Schwab will last a few more years but I am glad it will go oneday.

Our issues were all caused by Cameron (I get waste money) Schwab. I said it in a post about the poor administration.

The credited him for debt reduction, when the majority of debt was left overs from his previous administration.

any CEO who borrows money as a personal loan has no right being a CEO of a football club (which was in debt).

His handing out off contracts cost us millions.

His employing of family members (not his but Stynes family members) was not best person for the job.

The lean is playing for draft picks was ordinary.

IMO - Melbourne for once has a good administrator and being run properly, drafting from now on will be better (still a crap shoot sometimes) but least the business is in good hands.

The stench of Schwab will last a few more years but I am glad it will go oneday.

He was responsible for us having absolutely no sign of a gameplan on the field? Sorry no, that was Neeld.

And the one non-expansion team he beat just signed him up. "But he was good against us!"

Looking forward to him making the Bombers the hardest team to dope against.

He was responsible for us having absolutely no sign of a gameplan on the field? Sorry no, that was Neeld.

I think Schwab should take a fair chunk of responsibility for employing Neeld though. And for setting up/structuring such a disfunctional football dept.

The fact he set it up then tried to maintain control via the reporting lines he had in place was pretty pathetic as well.

I still think Neeld was a disgrace of a person during his time mind you.

Sure Petracca loves Neeld because he is a freak footballer/basketball player and a No.1 draft prospect gun who Neeld would be creaming over. I have many mates show went to Geelong College, where Neeld was a teacher, who say that he is was a straight up campaigner and a bully to all of the kids who weren't athletically gifted. Every person (bar the dee's supporters) who had him as a teacher relished watching him fail so publicly.

Sure Petracca loves Neeld because he is a freak footballer/basketball player and a No.1 draft prospect gun who Neeld would be creaming over. I have many mates show went to Geelong College, where Neeld was a teacher, who say that he is was a straight up campaigner and a bully to all of the kids who weren't athletically gifted. Every person (bar the dee's supporters) who had him as a teacher relished watching him fail so publicly.
Sounds right. Apparently Neeld and Tom McDonald had an excellent relationship.

Neeld aside for a moment, I thought it was pretty strange (bordering on out of line), for Petracca to comment that 'everyone makes mistakes'.

Should he be making that comment?

Seems a little arrogant for a kid to be making that sort of statement about his senior coach at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back