MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Neeld to me early days just shows blindly loyal we can be to our footy club

I supported him (ashamedly now) and thought our players needed a hard line approach

But upon reflection he was too hard and killed moral

ManWithNoName just remember a lot of us welcomed his appointment

And yeah he's not your senior coach but he was not good for us

I love the starc contrast of responses over Neeld's second chance between Demonland and this forum.

One shows complete empathy towards Neeld as a failed coach by encouraging to forgive and forget, blaming it on the pre-2012 management, wishing him the best for the future, etc... The other doesn't hold back at Neeld mocking him by criticizing his poor relationships with the players, rigid coaching strategies and laughing at the fact that he has to report to Neil Craig, etc...

I personally enjoy the responses on this forum more than on Demonland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a loss for the AFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-07/maxwell-joins-nrl-club

"The Collingwood premiership captain took on the role after spending a day with the club late last season, as well as speaking to the players early in 2013 about overcoming adversity."

I'm sure his experiences as a s**t footballer sporting a soul patch will be very inspiring for those NRL knuckledraggers.

What a loss for the AFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-07/maxwell-joins-nrl-club

"The Collingwood premiership captain took on the role after spending a day with the club late last season, as well as speaking to the players early in 2013 about overcoming adversity."

I'm sure his experiences as a s**t footballer sporting a soul patch will be very inspiring for those NRL knuckledraggers.

"All right, it's time to practice our spear tackles again. Maxy, get in the padded suit."

"Aww, but..."

"I said get in the suit."

You know Neeld to me early days just shows blindly loyal we can be to our footy club

I supported him (ashamedly now) and thought our players needed a hard line approach

But upon reflection he was too hard and killed moral

ManWithNoName just remember a lot of us welcomed his appointment

And yeah he's not your senior coach but he was not good for us
In hindsight there's a good chance Neeld was just directed by the old board to say that crap about being the 'hardest side to play against'. It was obviously what the supporters wanted to hear after the year that was 2011.

Interesting to hear that the kick to kick ban may be lifted for sunday games in 2015 as part of the AFL trying to reconnect to fans. Also hearing the possibility of VFL curtain raisers before AFL games are being discussed

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...good-move-for-footy-fans-20141110-11jyb3.html

I basically agree with everything written in this article. Our home game match experience often feels manufactured as we don't really have too much to get excited about, but other teams home games aren't much better. Same ads, same gimmicks and "pump ump" songs before the bounce.

Simple things like letting people in the reserved section when its only pretty much empty, quieter ads, same prices for every game and perhaps some normal beer would add a lot to the match day experience.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...good-move-for-footy-fans-20141110-11jyb3.html

I basically agree with everything written in this article. Our home game match experience often feels manufactured as we don't really have too much to get excited about, but other teams home games aren't much better. Same ads, same gimmicks and "pump ump" songs before the bounce.

Simple things like letting people in the reserved section when its only pretty much empty, quieter ads, same prices for every game and perhaps some normal beer would add a lot to the match day experience.
I think allowing some colour would be huge , like to see red an blue all over the G especially when every second seat is empty

Craig was a solid senior coach at the Crows though so would be an alright coach I think. Long term they may need someone else, but I think for now he should be able to keep the Dogs developing.
I don't know how culpable he was in the * up that was the Neeld-era, but it was an awkward position to be in; what would have happened if he was seen to be usurping the head coach? Probably what happened in the end anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back