MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note I'm not enjoying all these blowouts between the top sides.

Collingwood v Fremantle, Hawthorn v Fremantle, Geelong v West Coast and now Fremantle v Essendon have all been decided by 60+ points. Only Essendon v Hawthorn and Collingwood v Geelong have been close games. Makes for pretty boring football.

On a serious note I'm not enjoying all these blowouts between the top sides.

Collingwood v Fremantle, Hawthorn v Fremantle, Geelong v West Coast and now Fremantle v Essendon have all been decided by 60+ points. Only Essendon v Hawthorn and Collingwood v Geelong have been close games. Makes for pretty boring football.

Gonna be standard fair for the foreseeable future thanks to expansion. I guess we all need to start procreating at a higher rate to fill these clubs with decent players.

Gonna be standard fair for the foreseeable future thanks to expansion. I guess we all need to start procreating at a higher rate to fill these clubs with decent players.
More importantly the AFL need to grow their presence in NSW/QLD quickly so that more athletes from those states enter into the AFL talent pool. Especially kids.

Am I the only one thinking the media siren of the "Carlton crisis" is a bit over the top? yes, they lost to us and indeed that's panic stations for any team - but what were they actually expecting this year? Got kissed on the D!ck last year - imagine finishing 9th only to be handed a free finals spot and it be against Richmond. That aside they never once looked like a finals team - this year is no different and yes they are worse. Its been a few years coming.

Mick should have faced the music last year but as fortuitous circumstance has it he now celebrates last year as "last 7 seasons I've coached have been finals"
Gee whiz I'm glad of all the mistakes we've made Malthouse wasnt our "messiah" as many wouldve advocated had he been available. His record speaks for itself, but the guy is losing his marbles and he's all in it for himself. Paranoid and basically nonsensical. Caro was quite right tonight to question his mental health

Am I the only one thinking the media siren of the "Carlton crisis" is a bit over the top? yes, they lost to us and indeed that's panic stations for any team - but what were they actually expecting this year? Got kissed on the D!ck last year - imagine finishing 9th only to be handed a free finals spot and it be against Richmond. That aside they never once looked like a finals team - this year is no different and yes they are worse. Its been a few years coming.

Mick should have faced the music last year but as fortuitous circumstance has it he now celebrates last year as "last 7 seasons I've coached have been finals"
Gee whiz I'm glad of all the mistakes we've made Malthouse wasnt our "messiah" as many wouldve advocated had he been available. His record speaks for itself, but the guy is losing his marbles and he's all in it for himself. Paranoid and basically nonsensical. Caro was quite right tonight to question his mental health

I completely disagree , the guys has been successful for 30 years and has whether you like it or not been involved in 7 finals in a row including 2 GFs
3 time premiership coach and 6? Time grand final coach
The guy can coach just because he is 0-4 doesn't mean suddenly he isn't one of the best coaches of all time

Everyone overrated that list an he was brought to win a premiership so he had to chase that regardless of what he thought himself

You almost know for a fact if he has time he can rebuild that list , but no wait he's 61 he must have forgotten how to coach

I hope Carlton and Brissy can take some heat off the boys this year. Would be great to see how this group could develop without the weekly bashing in the media.

Carlton thought they were top 4/flag contender material in 2012 after a 3-0 start but their depth was thin and even their 22 had a few spuds hanging around. Then they get Mick thinking he's the missing piece. Their list is average and has been for a while and a new coach wasn't going to be able to turn that around in a hurry. I think they'll have to get Malthouse to do for them what Roos is doing for us. Can't see him sticking around for 5+ years to see the next finals tilt but if he can lay the foundations for a good team he'd have done his job. Although Mick isn't fond of the 'succession plan'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, she certainly ******* wasn't!

Because, she doesn't know the guy and she's making ridiculous assumptions based on him getting irritated at press conferences and his team losing games!

Caroline Wilson is a ******* idiot.

Do you honestly think for a second If he was mentally not ok he would still be coach , he's 61 not 161

This industry is so good at driving away experienced coaches , think about how many coaches get pushed away because there not new

Forget mick malt house 30 yr proven coach lets go an get another rookie 2 yr assistant days he hasn't lost a game yet

Hutchy "Are you coaching for the right reasons?" FMD what did he expect Malthouse to say . No , i am here to stuff the blues up.
It was a very strange question, but part of the problem is that every issue on that show is dealt with through a hostile lens. Every discussion is aggressive and everyone is battling for the win even in very small matters.

It was a very strange question, but part of the problem is that every issue on that show is dealt with through a hostile lens. Every discussion is aggressive and everyone is battling for the win even in very small matters.

Agree, really is a poor show.

Agree, really is a poor show.
Even Talking Footy, which has Carey who was part of the original hostility at FC and was very poor (though better than Lloyd who really lacks any strong personality) is prepared to have a laugh and not always at the expense of one of the panelists. Watson just seems to get past the people issues and focus on the discussion. Wilson and Hutchison cannot do that. It always has to be about the controversy surrounding an individual.

Even Talking Footy, which has Carey who was part of the original hostility at FC and was very poor (though better than Lloyd who really lacks any strong personality) is prepared to have a laugh and not always at the expense of one of the panelists. Watson just seems to get past the people issues and focus on the discussion. Wilson and Hutchison cannot do that. It always has to be about the controversy surrounding an individual.

It seems to me both just don't have the ability to to comprehend football matches so have to go down this path. As TPM said ,it really is a poor show.

It seems to me both just don't have the ability to to comprehend football matches so have to go down this path. As TPM said ,it really is a poor show.
Spot on. All about club machinations, which is fine in the off season, but at the moment the main business is on the field and they are nowhere near as able to develop an idea about that.

Spot on. All about club machinations, which is fine in the off season, but at the moment the main business is on the field and they are nowhere near as able to develop an idea about that.

This is why Foxtel with Kingy and the Sunday Footy Show are superior. They actually talk tactics and gamestyle. Stevie J and Nathan Brown broke down Macaffer tagging Cotch really well on the weekend with Stevie saying 'this is where his arms go, this is why, if x happens he will do y and if z happens he will do a'. Actual tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back