MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn seem to be struggling a bit. Hill out before the game, Sewell out 10 minutes in.

Aaron Black just tried to mark a ball with his head. Such a boob.

Gee Schulz is quality. Every other bloke on the pitch has been shanking kicks with the slippery pill and Schulz goes back and pings them through the big sticks with ease.

Would be nice if Wingard took a leaf out of the same book. Has gone up for about 10 speccies while I've been watching - 0 marks. Not percentage play in dewy conditions.

I wish the St Kilda game was on telly. Looks like they're taking it to Carlton at the moment and I would love to watch the Blues meltdown and their fans go feral.

I wish the St Kilda game was on telly. Looks like they're taking it to Carlton at the moment and I would love to watch the Blues meltdown and their fans go feral.
Carlton looked fantastic in the first quarter, then kept on with it early 2nd but credit to the Saints for fighting back. They couldn't hit a target to save themselves early but looked much better that quarter.

As much as I appreciate the importance of the Sydney academy, it's ridiculous that they get automatic access to this kid too while they're on top of the ladder http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-07/codehopper-drafttopper

Mills and Isaac Heeney are exactly the kind of midfielders we're screaming out for, after already missing out on players like Whitfield, O'Meara and Crouch in 2012. This might make it easier for us to wrestle Tom Mitchell off of them, but then they'll just have another top 5 pick. The Swans will be up the top of the league for as long as GC and GWS.

Makes our argument for a PP look decent. There's no hope of us ending this 8 year stint at the bottom with all the concessions other clubs are getting. It's insane that even after all of the draft picks GWS and GC received in their inaugural years they're still taking some of the best players from the 2012, 2013 and 2014 cohorts.

As much as I appreciate the importance of the Sydney academy, it's ridiculous that they get automatic access to this kid too while they're on top of the ladder http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-07/codehopper-drafttopper

Mills and Isaac Heeney are exactly the kind of midfielders we're screaming out for, after already missing out on players like Whitfield, O'Meara and Crouch in 2012. This might make it easier for us to wrestle Tom Mitchell off of them, but then they'll just have another top 5 pick. The Swans will be up the top of the league for as long as GC and GWS.

Makes our argument for a PP look decent. There's no hope of us ending this 8 year stint at the bottom with all the concessions other clubs are getting. It's insane that even after all of the draft picks GWS and GC received in their inaugural years they're still taking some of the best players from the 2012, 2013 and 2014 cohorts.

Yep this 'Academy' crap is such an advantage! If the AFL want to keep the Syndey and GWS academy then surely every other team should get 1 'Academy' player each year.

Give each of the Victorian teams a territory in Victoria where they can pick a player from, Split Adelaide, NSW, Queensland and WA in two and let their teams pick a player each, That is the only way it could be considered fair.

Easier solution, scrap it all together and ensure ALL player go through the draft.

I am just so ******* sick of Essendon. Good on Caro for slitting its throat yet again this morning.

I will vomit if I see the Golden Boy trot onto a ground as an AFL coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I am trying to piece together this preview I had a thought.

Your most hated team?
Your 'least hated' (Or 'second' team, whichever way you look at it)?
Favourite non-melb player?
Least favourite?

Mine:
Essendon
Richmond
Buddy
Lumumba

See Lake is out for 4. Which means he will be out against us but i can't see that helping us up over the line against Hawks

Whilst I am trying to piece together this preview I had a thought.

Your most hated team?
Your 'least hated' (Or 'second' team, whichever way you look at it)?
Favourite non-melb player?
Least favourite?

Mine:
Essendon
Richmond
Buddy
Lumumba

Most hated: Carlton
Least hated: St. Kilda/Footscray
Favourite non-Melbourne: Jared Rivers
Least favourite: Jarrad Waite

Last edited: