MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there is any non drinking fitness freaks we must pick them
Especially if their father is a highly rated talent scout. One sort after by other clubs who also has a penchant for pies too.

Especially if their father is a highly rated talent scout. One sort after by other clubs who also has a penchant for pies too.

Here is what I want our draft strategy to be
Get the best 5 players in a room and keep insulting them until one snaps, first to snap should be immediately drafted

What I'd really love would be to draft / trade in a 22, 23 year old Shaun Burgoyne. Quality skills, composure, versatility... bloke is still sheer class.

Tim Watson and Bruce McAvaney are commentating the Hawks Dogs game. No one has said anything mildly interesting for hours.

Bruce needs to get sacked. I am so tired of hearing "clever" whenever someone kicks the ball off the ground, slots a set shot, handballs to a team mate a few metres away, etc etc and "off a step" whenever someone kicks it whether they've taken 5 steps or none. The only reason he's tolerated is because he sits there blathering away so the knowledgeable experts can think for a bit and provide some insight.

On a positive note I haven't heard Dwayne Russell for quite some time.

Seven was stupid to let Sandy go, had a perfectly good commentator sitting there doing the sports news.
Seven should look at rehiring Drew Morphet, i listen to him call the footy on the ABC (and cricket in the summer) and he is much better than listening to Brawshaw go bananas on triple M or BT go nuts on the TV. Whats Ian Robertson up to these days? does anyone know if he still calls?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seven was stupid to let Sandy go, had a perfectly good commentator sitting there doing the sports news.
Seven should look at rehiring Drew Morphet, i listen to him call the footy on the ABC (and cricket in the summer) and he is much better than listening to Brawshaw go bananas on triple M or BT go nuts on the TV. Whats Ian Robertson up to these days? does anyone know if he still calls?
I'd suggest Foxtel probably paid huge overs to buy him away from 7 to further distinguish the higher quality of their broadcast. And it's worked.

Its obviously an opinion thing, But I love JB's commentary, Brings genuine excitement to the footy
Yeah I enjoy a bit of JB too, but it gets overwhelming pretty quickly and is hard to deal with in large doses. It would be much better if he was playing the funny man role to the straight man of someone like Sandy. As it is MMM is a bunch of the same blokes running the same angle every weekend. Sure, it's pretty funny IMO (obviously aimed at the young male demographic which most of us here would fit into) but sometimes it's even hard to tell what's going on in the game until they yell out SAUSAGE!!!

Yeah I enjoy a bit of JB too, but it gets overwhelming pretty quickly and is hard to deal with in large doses. It would be much better if he was playing the funny man role to the straight man of someone like Sandy. As it is MMM is a bunch of the same blokes running the same angle every weekend. Sure, it's pretty funny IMO (obviously aimed at the young male demographic which most of us here would fit into) but sometimes it's even hard to tell what's going on in the game until they yell out SAUSAGE!!!

It worked really well when he was matched up with Dennis Commetti, Dennis was smart enough to join in the jokes whilst keeping a level head commentating, whilst JB was great for giving life to a meaningless game

I always listen to the MMM rub and the package that they used to send off the Push Up king is some of the best radio you will ever here

PUUUUUUUUUSHHHHHHHH UPPPPPPPPPPPPP
PUUUUUUUSHHHHHHHHH UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.... GEEEEEEEETTTTTT AROUND HIMMMMMMMMMMMM

PUSHHHHHHHH UPPPPPPPPPPP KINNNGGGGGGGGG

I just love the amount of fun they have at the footy, I cant stand listening to leigh matthews and bruce mcavaney pour over why a big bump is bad for the game and why he should get 7 weeks, Atleast the MMM boys enjoy footy for what it is

Its not everyones cup of tea and I can understand people who just want to watch the game without the distraction of the commentators but I think they are hilarious

crowds are so crap now and the commentary is shocking, i kinda watch the game on low volume. However Richmond Essendon should be an alright one tomorrow night.

crowds are so crap now and the commentary is shocking, i kinda watch the game on low volume. However Richmond Essendon should be an alright one tomorrow night.

It all started when channel 7 decided to have its commentators talk down at everything that wasn't perfect and beautiful
I watched the Essendon Hawthorn brawl of 2004 and the channel 10 commentators added genuine excitement to it, whether or not they agreed with it they called it how it was

If that brawl happened now you would have dennis and bwuce talking about how its a bad look for the game and kids shouldnt play anymore and when they are all done they should hang there heads in shame cry and retire

Dennis would probably find a way to poke fun at it or start up wrestling commentary. Bruce would sit there blithering "not clever, not clever, not clever, not clever, not special, not clever..." on endless repeat.

Haven't liked much of Martin recently. His disposal has gone from being reliable and penetrating to horribly scatter gun. He takes pot shots at goal from any nook and cranny as well without looking for better placed teammates - seems to be a lot of me, me, me about his play. He's not s**t but he's hardly progressed his game from a few years ago when he was giving bigger bodied players the don't argue and taking games by the scruff of the neck with possies, clearances and goals.

Hardwick needs to do more to get the most out of this playing group. Cotchin is playing lazy football looking for cheap possessions and letting his direct opponent run loose most of the time. Maybe the Tiggas would be better off letting him go and getting Williams into the hot seat. This year should have been an easy top 8 finish for Richmond considering the way most of the competition has dropped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back