Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Giants
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2015/1/three-cats-cop-pre-season-setbacks/

Geelong have been hit with a series of preseason injury setbacks with three Cats forced to the sidelines.

New recruit Mitch Clark suffered a calf strain, Steve Johnson has been given time-off to deal with foot soreness and Nathan Vardy will undergo surgery to remove scar tissue from his knee.

happy_gif.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahmed Saad 'pranking' his club doctor by telling him he took steroids.... thoughts?
Really depends how the prank victim reacts after finding out it's a prank. If the doctor laughs it off then i suppose that's fine but if he was livid or unhappy about it then perhaps it was a harsh prank to play. i don't know how to justify it, but maybe shouldn't have done it, i'd be absolutely livid if it was me

Really depends how the prank victim reacts after finding out it's a prank. If the doctor laughs it off then i suppose that's fine but if he was livid or unhappy about it then perhaps it was a harsh prank to play. i don't know how to justify it, but maybe shouldn't have done it, i'd be absolutely livid if it was me

It was part of an 'initiation' for first year players - maybe it's just me, but after serving a suspension for taking a banned substance you shouldn't be making jokes about taking a banned substance!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It was part of an 'initiation' for first year players - maybe it's just me, but after serving a suspension for taking a banned substance you shouldn't be making jokes about taking a banned substance!

Why not , it's shows he has a sense of humour, better than being miserable and pitying yourself for ever

Seriously are people not allowed to have fun anymore?

Why not , it's shows he has a sense of humour, better than being miserable and pitying yourself for ever

Seriously are people not allowed to have fun anymore?

To me it shows he has the sense of humor of a 15 year old.

As I said, it might just be me - I've had no problems with heaps of other pranks AFL players have made, just something about St. Kilda's pranks.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
To me it shows he has the sense of humor of a 15 year old.

As I said, it might just be me - I've had no problems with heaps of other pranks AFL players have made, just something about St. Kilda's pranks.

It was a competition to gain the most laughs, he could have told a knock knock joke and squirted the doctor with some water

It's a practical joke, I don't know why it's even worth discussion other than the obvious slowness of the off season

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ahmed Saad 'pranking' his club doctor by telling him he took steroids.... thoughts?

Presumably the doctor replied "I know" ?

What'd Saad get banned for again?

It was a competition to gain the most laughs, he could have told a knock knock joke and squirted the doctor with some water

It's a practical joke, I don't know why it's even worth discussion other than the obvious slowness of the off season

I thought it was a very stupid joke to make considering what he's put himself through - I wanted to see if anyone shared that opinion.

I know AFL players aren't known for their smarts, as a group, but a couple of our players got sanctioned for a similarly stupid joke about Rolf Harris yet St Kilda release this to the media all smiles.

As far as I can tell, it's on topic - you aren't obliged to discuss something you don't think warrants discussion.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I thought it was a very stupid joke to make considering what he's put himself through - I wanted to see if anyone shared that opinion.

I know AFL players aren't known for their smarts, as a group, but a couple of our players got sanctioned for a similarly stupid joke about Rolf Harris yet St Kilda release this to the media all smiles.

As far as I can tell, it's on topic - you aren't obliged to discuss something you don't think warrants discussion.

Fair enough mate not having a dig I just think it's symptomatic of an overly sensitive world, his was a victimless crime and the person who should be judge on whether it's funny is saad himself, he was the one who missed a year and a half of his livelihood for drinking an energy drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back