MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if deep down, Frawley feels the same joy as the other Hawks who have been around years and done the hard yards. He did play extremely well today which works in his favour but what a.... lazy... way of getting to the ultimate glory.
I expect he did at least one or two hard yards where he was

Lol at that article 'Key offseason dates', including: 'Friday 27 November 11am - NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft Selection Meeting (Telstra Webex)'

If you miss the Telstra Webex Selection meeting, can you even call yourself a fan of football?
I didn't know there was such a thing, and now I do I don't care, I'm no fan of football

How s**t is nic natanui, bloke didn't take one mark
Tried to take every grab from the back of the pack an then was out of the contest when he left the ground

Biffinator is spot on , 8 years into his career an he still doesn't know how to lead at the ball carrier

Also luke shuey cracked under the pressure today

Darling was shakier than I've ever seen him too. Totally overawed. Must suck knowing that you don't get to confront this demon and find out if it will happen again until you make another GF.

Kennedy, darling, natanui, shuey, le cras, masten will all have to live with that effort
Hawks weren't even that good but as a team they are so much better than everyone else
You genuinenly could have put money on anyone from them for the norm smith they don't carry anyone

I can't be happy for Chip because I don't understand it. I could never switch teams like that and feel satisfied winning a flag. I'd rather stick tight and never win one than win one without truly deserving it. But if it makes him happy power to him.

At least Naitanui was dominant in the ruck, that chump who he works in tandem with though...

Agree that the Weagles completely choked. Could have made Hawthorn very uncomfortable with their better running capacity, but let them off easily. Kennedy, Darling, Le Cras, Masten were absolutely bloody awful - Shuey and Nic Nat not good but at least they made an impact somewhere.

Frawley can piss off, especially if that 'Melbourne are dogs' story is true.

I can't be happy for Chip because I don't understand it. I could never switch teams like that and feel satisfied winning a flag. I'd rather stick tight and never win one than win one without truly deserving it. But if it makes him happy power to him.

In my junior days I always played for crap teams and never made the finals until u13s, the same group of guys progressed together and we eventually won a flag in 15s together and it was incredible
The club merged with the other club in town and we became a powerhouse after that, we won a flag the next year but it always felt hollow

I hope we win a flag while Frawley is still playing because he will regret taking the easy option for the rest of his life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and a Semi Melbourne supporting friend ran into him in Melbourne. We said it was good to see him fitting at the hawks and wished him well. To which is response was "Melbourne are Dogs" in quite an antagonising tone.

Up until then i respected him and his decision to leave.
What a ********; you could always tell.

Rubbish game. Darling, Priddis, Masten, LeCras etc. were rubbish. Shuey I think was a bit like Ballantyne in 2013 - almost tried too hard at times. Thought he played alright and was always trying to make an impact but just didn't have any composure when he needed it.

Best moment of the day would've been Josh Hill's * up shot at goal which he let Lake smother on the line. Sad that a moment of tragic comedy was the highlight of the game (for me anyway). Can someone .gif that?

On Frawley, I don't really feel resentful. The AFL isn't country footy where it's all about getting pissed with your mates after the game, and the social aspect of the sport is greater than money, success etc. He wanted to win a flag and he did; just like Lake in 2013; McEvoy last year. Being offered a spot in a top 4 team who were gunning for a flag and on decent pay, would've been hard to turn down considering where he was with us.

I hope we win a flag while Frawley is still playing because he will regret taking the easy option for the rest of his life
That'd be nice to see Frawley spewing, sure, but I think we'd enjoy a flag for other reasons besides rubbing Frawley's nose in it...

We've been lowly for half a century now - I doubt I'd give Frawley a second thought if we won a flag.

View attachment 180454

Loving Petraccas comment.
I'm getting the feeling Petracca really didn't want to come to the club but since being here he's fallen in love with the place despite unfortunate set backs. Which is great to see players wanting to play for the club and drive the club forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back