MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really drafting or is it luck?
The top 10 picks are pretty consensus... like really if they didnt take him then whoever had 6 probably would

End of the day it is still luck of the draw to an extent and then development second

The "Cale Morton Theory" ... Range was between 2-4, so we were technically lucky for him to slide to us at 4.

For what it's worth, I was at the Champs that year, I was astounded he won the Larke ... Masten and Palmer were far better.

Everyone in the bottom 10 except Carlton could argue they are moving up, its gonna be harder than ever to move up the ladder

Collingwood added Howe, Treloar Aish
Geelong added Danger, Henderson, Smith and Selwood
Port Adelaide will be better than last year
GWS will get Mumford back and have every right to think they will rise
Melbourne natural improvement plus the reintegration of some injured blokes
Essendon Will be hoping the WADA thing is gone and then they will be better
Stkilda have added Carlisle to the back half and should be rising
GC wont have as many injury troubles and will have a fit GAJ back
Brisbane have added a little KP depth and have a decent midfield still
Carlton have added 4 GWS scrap players

Point is there arent many clubs going backwards, its not about whether we improve or not but how much we improve
Winning 7 games next year will be harder than winning 7 this year

There is a good chance we win 9-10 games and still finish in the same spot as this year.

Probably gunna be an even year with top spot with a maybe 17 win season.

Carlton will be absolute poo, and maybe Essendon; But GC and BL should be better, not much, but better.
Suns will be. The Brions I doubt though

It's interesting. People think we sre improving but then dump us in 16th.
Habit. The whole Melbourne are s**t thing is historical. It will take a bit to shake off

It probably has something to do with needing someone in the bottom four, and us being the side that has collapsed a few times in the last ten years. The Saints are tipped to be big improvers, but I personally think we have more to be excited about. People will only believe when we actually show them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we'd beaten the Saints at least once this year people would be rating us much higher. Our wins stack up much better than theirs do, but losing that game at Etihad in particular has given everyone the impression that a) we're still s**t, and b) St Kilda are ahead of us.

Which is fine, it doesn't really matter. The point is that 16 other teams are also flagless since 2012, and 13 other teams are flagless in the past decade. When it comes down to it everyone is on the same ledger come round 1 next year, and what other fans think of where we sit means SFA.

Everyone in the bottom 10 except Carlton could argue they are moving up, its gonna be harder than ever to move up the ladder

Collingwood added Howe, Treloar Aish
Geelong added Danger, Henderson, Smith and Selwood
Port Adelaide will be better than last year
GWS will get Mumford back and have every right to think they will rise
Melbourne natural improvement plus the reintegration of some injured blokes
Essendon Will be hoping the WADA thing is gone and then they will be better
Stkilda have added Carlisle to the back half and should be rising
GC wont have as many injury troubles and will have a fit GAJ back
Brisbane have added a little KP depth and have a decent midfield still
Carlton have added 4 GWS scrap players

Point is there arent many clubs going backwards, its not about whether we improve or not but how much we improve
Winning 7 games next year will be harder than winning 7 this year

That's if everything goes right for all those teams. Before this year started everyone had Gold Coast in the 8. There is too much unpredictability to bother making sweeping claims now.

This is how I imagine the rest of the league when we start coming good

N0bneNc.gif

We have as much scope for improvement as anyone, IMO. The times we really struggled this year were those when Bernie and N Jones were having off days. As Brayshaw, Viney, and Tyson improve and become more consistent (along with Harmes, Vandenberg, etc), we'll be less reliant upon those two and putting in better performances more often.

That's if everything goes right for all those teams. Before this year started everyone had Gold Coast in the 8. There is too much unpredictability to bother making sweeping claims now.

Yeah and us rising is also reliant on things going right for us, my point is we could finish lower on the ladder and still have a better year

I remember when I was little (late 80s) that it was always Sydney and the Saints that were the worst (in primary school terms). Melbourne didn't do much premiership-winning, but they weren't the worst. That was just those two. Imagine the primary school kids of today - the Demons have only ever been terrible. You're eight years old and barrack for the Demons - what a nightmare. So it's probably force of habit for some folks to presume we'll be terrible again next year, and going on form since 2006, fair ebloodynough.

I remember when I was little (late 80s) that it was always Sydney and the Saints that were the worst (in primary school terms). Melbourne didn't do much premiership-winning, but they weren't the worst. That was just those two. Imagine the primary school kids of today - the Demons have only ever been terrible. You're eight years old and barrack for the Demons - what a nightmare. So it's probably force of habit for some folks to presume we'll be terrible again next year, and going on form since 2006, fair ebloodynough.

I can remember footy from about 8 years old, so anyone 18 and younger just remembers us a joke

Jarrad Grant picked up by GC. Dude should be grateful he doesn't cop half the s**t Jack Watts does, about a tenth of the player and not even nearly as nice of a guy.

Feel a bit sorry for Gold Coast fans. Saw some article where the list manager said they wanted a ruckman, a winger and a forward out of the trade period, and they've picked up Daniel Currie, Matt Rosa and Jarrad Grant. "Job done", he said. Certainties for the top 4 now.

Feel a bit sorry for Gold Coast fans. Saw some article where the list manager said they wanted a ruckman, a winger and a forward out of the trade period, and they've picked up Daniel Currie, Matt Rosa and Jarrad Grant. "Job done", he said. Certainties for the top 4 now.
It isn't completely s**t actually; could be worse. It could be Rodan-Gillies-Booourns bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back