MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
He could be baking. That could be sugar or flour. Lets not jump to conclusions before all the facts are in.

What are peoples thoughts on the special jumper being worn by North to commemorate Brent Harvey's 400th?

Cant post a pic right now but basically its the north jumper with a stylised 'Boomer' running taking the place of the middle blue stripe.

Maybe I have too many memories of Harvey tearing us apart but I'm not a fan of it. I know it probably wasn't his idea but I reckon it unduly puts the individual above the team.

I was at Fletchers 400 and there was some nice tributes pre game but from memory they didn't do anything with the jumper.

They should have immortalised Boomer on the jumper by having silhouettes of his teammates with their arms in the air being completely ignored.
Maybe the tactic is that Boomer will see his likeness on the jumper and actually pass to his team-mates for once as a result.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
I thought Eade was a good choice for Gold Coast when he was announced as coach (Bomber being the best choice) and the more the year goes on, the more it confirms to me he was a good choice. That joint looks like it needs a ground up rebuild, particularly from a culture sense and Rocket may not lead them to the immediate glory that was expected after last season but at worst he'll have the joint ready to go for the guy who will.

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
What are peoples thoughts on the special jumper being worn by North to commemorate Brent Harvey's 400th?

Cant post a pic right now but basically its the north jumper with a stylised 'Boomer' running taking the place of the middle blue stripe.

Maybe I have too many memories of Harvey tearing us apart but I'm not a fan of it. I know it probably wasn't his idea but I reckon it unduly puts the individual above the team.

I was at Fletchers 400 and there was some nice tributes pre game but from memory they didn't do anything with the jumper.

I'd say if anyone thought up the idea to immortalise Boomer on the jumper it would in fact have been Boomer himself

He could be baking. That could be sugar or flour. Lets not jump to conclusions before all the facts are in.
Solid money making scheme. Find afl player, lets say Jack Watts. Take photo of Watts with pile of baking soda in front of him. Leave the container of baking soda at the edge of the frame. Crop and sell the photo to the HUN. Enjoy ensuing media frenzy. Sell uncropped photo to the Age two days later.

He came from college just the other day, so much like a man i just had to say….

f616a344968e7a1eed8fed202b470122-20-normal-things-simpsons-fans-cant-hear-without-laughing.jpg

Snr reacts.

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Heyyyyy, a Thursday night game that doesn't start at or after 8 o'clock! Candy.

Heyyyyy, a Thursday night game that doesn't start at or after 8 o'clock! Candy.

Sticking with the recent theme…. Hard Candy :drunk:

(for those unaware a quiet little night spot in Melbourne where people go to work out late and night, so many people sweating in there)

Josh Kennedy back to his best tonight, been an absolute monster in the clearances.

Thats enough for me to change my tune, you were right ng69, sign him up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back