MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car was stolen and ice involved apparently. The driver was under age.

Terrible thing this drug - seems to be really prominent in rural areas for some reason.

Surely that's because it's made in those areas?

Surely that's because it's made in those areas?
There's heaps of reasons for it. Unemployment would be a major factor, low educational attainment, and because really out in the bush there's *-all else to do except pull bongs and get ****ed up on meth.

FWIW I think Ice is being unfairly targeted in this particular story. If you're going to get in a stolen car with an underage driver who is off his face... wear a seat-belt.

Probably more along the lines of Toump Ass' points about employment, education etc.

I always knew country town were full of weed and booze, but this ice epidemic is very scary.

Having grown up in the country I reckon a few people would be surprised just how wide spread it is

I agree, but not with your measures to resolve this situation. Hawthorn were lucky to be on top when FA came around. I'm not sure what to do about it.

Exclude the top 4 from participating in FA, 5 - 8 only able to target RFA, bottom 10 full participation in FA

Exclude the top 4 from participating in FA, 5 - 8 only able to target RFA, bottom 10 full participation in FA

Hard to see that getting through. Although my idea of trading players against their will is also not likely to get past AFLPA.

Problem with ice (Like most drugs) is it spreads so quickly. Your mates use it, you try it, you get hooked, your other mates try it etc. One of my best friends from high school got onto it really bad a couple years ago, basically became impossible to contact him and he moved so I didn't know where he lived. Makes me sad thinking about it, but at least I tried to help him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with ice (Like most drugs) is it spreads so quickly. Your mates use it, you try it, you get hooked, your other mates try it etc. One of my best friends from high school got onto it really bad a couple years ago, basically became impossible to contact him and he moved so I didn't know where he lived. Makes me sad thinking about it, but at least I tried to help him.

Id be lying if I said I didnt know atleast 50 people from my area back home using it pretty regularly

Go watch American Meth. Similar things will happen here regionally.
Very likely, unfortunately.

It might help if Australia treated drug addiction as an illness, rather than a crime. Stop persecuting people for smoking joints and regulate and tax the sale of marijuana instead. Take the money people would have spend on pot away from the criminal organisations (who control the ice trade anyway), and put it back into education and healthcare. Might be a good start.

Last edited:

It might help if Australia treated drug addiction as an illness, rather than a crime. Stop persecuting people for smoking joints and regulate and tax the sale of marijuana instead. Take the money people have would spend on pot away from the criminal organisations (who control the ice trade anyway), and put it back into education and healthcare. Might be a good start.

Not gonna happen in our Theocracy. We are basically following the growth and maturing of the US in many facets. Don't get me wrong, we could do worse: see random middle eastern country, but we could be so much better.

It might help if Australia treated drug addiction as an illness, rather than a crime. Stop persecuting people for smoking joints and regulate and tax the sale of marijuana instead. Take the money people have would spend on pot away from the criminal organisations (who control the ice trade anyway), and put it back into education and healthcare. Might be a good start.

Look up Portugal's drug reform and see how much better they've done it.

Look up Portugal's drug reform and see how much better they've done it.
I did say "a good start". The Australian public has only just got it's head round the idea of medical marijuana trials, decriminalising drugs isn't happening here for a very, very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back