Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimal results for the last two weeks. Yes being first would have been nice, but we still control that destiny with the derby to come. We're a great chance at top 2 now,and even if we fall away (or had lost to Sydney) there's still more breathing room between us and 5th. Fantastic results over a two weeks period, just need to smash GC and maybe hope Freo drop a silly game before the end of the year.
We've been more consistant than them and will beat them in the derby to secure top spot.

Wow who would've thought hey?

I think Frawley could actually be in trouble here, just the way Riewoldt's leg is (accidentally) hooked and his head comes close, might be a week?
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-07-31/frawleys-dangerous-tackle

Lake, meanwhile, should be safe - would hate to see this given against one of our guys, silly that it was even reported. A normal human being that wasn't an actual spud with legs would have stayed on his feet and avoided the fence.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-07-31/is-brian-unlucky-to-be-pinged-for-this

Can't find footage of Mitchell's hit but he's fine, was soft as butter but basically just a dick move.

Any word on injuries yet?

I think Frawley could actually be in trouble here, just the way Riewoldt's leg is (accidentally) hooked and his head comes close, might be a week?

Lake, meanwhile, should be safe - would hate to see this given against one of our guys, silly that it was even reported. A normal human being that wasn't an actual spud with legs would have stayed on his feet and avoided the fence.

Can't find footage of Mitchell's hit but he's fine, was soft as butter but basically just a dick move.

Hawks would be almost full strength, they will be missing Langford though. I hope we have an equally strong lineup.

Haven't heard anything yet but it looked like Burgoyne either Corked his butt or had a very high hamstring/lower back strain late in the 4th quarter. Managed to run the game out, so could be fine.

Nothing should come of it but any chance Mitchell gets a look on for this? Reputation as much as anything, seems silly. Might get fined for that and the punch and miss a week (really clutching at straws with that but who knows these days)

Last edited:
Just watched a replay of WCE v GC June 2014. Apart from Gablett's genius what stood out was McGovern's hands and reading of play/flight of the ball. Know that isn't a revelation to all here on the board, but to my mind makes him a natural forward talent. Hopefully we will be in the position to be able to use him there in the future with a fully fit, (backline), list. Without getting ahead of myself too much, we are more than a smokey for GF this year...touchwood, cross cross etc

You can say s**t on here.
Yeh, fair enough he's been through a lot, I just think it says something that the captain isn't here to go down with the ship, so to speak.
Has apparently considered walking away from the game. Not in a good head space and best for everyone to get him away freshen him up clear the mind and come back to footy. He was looking like a miserable plodder the last few weeks so who wants that bringing the club down further

Has apparently considered walking away from the game. Not in a good head space and best for everyone to get him away freshen him up clear the mind and come back to footy. He was looking like a miserable plodder the last few weeks so who wants that bringing the club down further
To be fair, he was always a miserable plodder until Jobe's jabs and juices jacked him up and jump-started his career.

dont worry those complete campaigners ralph and chins have already cleared all players post game show and even said frawley deserved the free kick for incorrect disposal. if you missed it, think how hard watson campaigned for Yeos suspension and do a complete 180 on that

Not sure why some here wanted Hawthorn to win...any theoretical increase in their desire to fight and win next week will have been offset by a theoretical reduction in their confidence along with possibly sorer bodies than they'd have coming out of a bruise-free encounter.

It is now forseeable that we will secure top 2 and even if we lose the first QF, we will be favourites in the Semi and then likely play Freo in the prelim, which essentially equates to three finals at Domain.

Still a long way to go but...why would people have preferred Hawthorn to win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why some here wanted Hawthorn to win...any theoretical increase in their desire to fight and win next week will have been offset by a theoretical reduction in their confidence along with possibly sorer bodies than they'd have coming out of a bruise-free encounter.

It is now forseeable that we will secure top 2 and even if we lose the first QF, we will be favourites in the Semi and then likely play Freo in the prelim, which essentially equates to three finals at Domain.

Still a long way to go but...why would people have preferred Hawthorn to win?
Because Richmond are a bunch of campaigners

"West Coast got them at the right time"
Wayne Carey

Sorry for the intrusion, but I actually said out loud "wtf" when I heard him say that. It's like the Vic based commentators keep finding new ways not to give you guys credit.

I guess Richmond better hope they don't finish top 4 then and win the qualifying final, because obviously the week off will hurt their chances in the prelim :rolleyes:

Good luck for the rest of the year guys :thumbsu:

Sorry for the intrusion, but I actually said out loud "wtf" when I heard him say that. It's like the Vic based commentators keep finding new ways not to give you guys credit.

I guess Richmond better hope they don't finish top 4 then and win the qualifying final, because obviously the week off will hurt their chances in the prelim :rolleyes:

Good luck for the rest of the year guys :thumbsu:
Even if we somehow won the GF this year they'll find a way to discredit it.

Weller set to debut for Freo. Will be interesting to see how he goes compared with Duggan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back