Johnno22

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Carlton
When was the last Geelong /Collingwood game that you didn't give a sh.t who won or the result had no bearing on our ladder position?

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
I know I'm in the wrong thread to be saying this but listen to some of the wuss talk going on in here hoping for results to 'go our way'. The results have gone our way. We're in second. Nearly every team with something left to play for is browning their pantyhose at the thought of playing us. How long has it been since you could say that?

Who cares what Adelaide have got. Unless they bring their A+ game, juice up or infect our change rooms with the Ebola virus we are flying back to Perth on Sunday night with another head to hang on the mantel.

I couldn't give one wit what the lower half of the 8 does as they jockey for positions.

Whoops

166924_b178daad008fabb3b7970ddeb0ef6d38.jpg

End of an era for Geelong. One of the best sides I've ever seen at their peak and they were a joy to watch but the lynchpins of that great side are basically cooked

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely making top 2 means they have to up the ante?
Port fan so upping the ante may just be removing the false teeth.
Well done to Menzel. A talent that hung in there long enough to get another crack. You could tell it felt good for him go be out there kicking goals.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Reckon the Crows will get the Eagles, they are playing to secure their finals spot and avoid having to beat Geelong in the final round. They are also very good in the clearances and should negate the Eagles 'front-running' play.

when_someone_is_wrong.gif

Prem87

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Adelaide still have a lot to play for - home final would be nice for them. Only 6 points difference between 3rd and 8th - so close. Anything can happen these next two weeks!

Jun 14, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Shuey will become a top 10-15 player next year. If we get close to full years out of Nicnat,darling,kennedy,hurn,mackenzie,yeo,lecras and waters i think we'll go close to top 4 tbh. It's paying very good money atm too.

(im specifically putting this in this thread purely so i can quote it next year)
-Sept 26 '14
That is spooky. Shuey at #18 on AFL Player Rating, West Coast at 2nd.

-Sept 26 '14
That is spooky. Shuey at #18 on AFL Player Rating, West Coast at 2nd.
To think that McKenzie and Waters from that list didn't play a single game between them and darling missed the first 9 rounds and we are likely to finish 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back