Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The week leading up to the GF I didn't see him once. Then when we lost he came out of the woodwork.
One of the worst posters on BF.

Fortunately he rarely, if ever, leaves the safety of the freo board and repeatedly gets basic facts wrong because he gets is information from 6PR and treats it like gospel

Absolute *******

Patrick Cripps on Channel Eagle saying he has grown over 5cm since drafted , now 194cm taller then Nick Riewoldt at 193cm . :eek:
Holy s**t he is a huge inside mid . He is very slow so I don't see him being as damaging as dangerfield , shuey or fyfe out of coming out of contests but he will be so hard to beat getting the ball .

Dat salary cap tho

Can see Freo getting Hogan (big trade) next year and McCarthy in the PSD the year after that. They will be thereabouts for a while yet. :(
You've failed to factor in what freo have to give up to trade in a contracted hogan. It will be very significant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've failed to factor in what freo have to give up to trade in a contracted hogan. It will be very significant
I know. That's why I wrote big trade. Melbourne would want an established youngin and a first rounder at the very least. Can see them parting ways with Neale to get the job done. I think they traded away a few of next years picks to GC also, that's why I think they wont deal with GWS for McCarthy as they wont have much to offer if a Hogan trade eventuates. Thus PSD the next year will be where they get him (if he still wants to move home).

They would be their only highly paid talls, and lots of retirements imminent, think they could manage it.
Not their only highly paid players though. They'll soon be be paying Fyfe a lot, ditto guys like Hill, Walters, and other kids that they'll need to try to hold onto like Weller/Neale.

Perhaps Sandi will free up some room when he retires, but similarly their side will be significantly weaker when he leaves.

Not their only highly paid players though. They'll soon be be paying Fyfe a lot, ditto guys like Hill, Walters, and other kids that they'll need to try to hold onto like Weller/Neale.

Perhaps Sandi will free up some room when he retires, but similarly their side will be significantly weaker when he leaves.

Teams can generally afford to pay a couple of talls above median wage. In 2 years they won't have any talls on anything near median wage.

They have a strong midfield but their dire deficiency of any half decent talls under 30 will keep their salary cap issues under check IMO.

Their best tall forward under the age of 33 is Matt Taberner. Let that sink in. That's mind-blowing.

Thats a really brad question to ask... imagine how those players feel. Walk a miles in someone elses shoes

The whole thing could just be a case of making a mountain out of a mole hill. But as the legal system goes, teia innocent until proven guilty.

GWS won't be losing McCarthy to the dockers via the pre-season draft, not next year (especially since he has two years on his contract) or the year after. Unless Freo are going to finish bottom - even then I still think it would be unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back