Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the SA lad. Saw him at lathlain. Hes more a medium fwd isnt he? Like membrey for us or a better version of mayne
Yep that's him. Listed as 193cm and 97kg.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-02-01/allen-settling-in

feb18.JPG

Oh the SA lad. Saw him at lathlain. Hes more a medium fwd isnt he? Like membrey for us or a better version of mayne
Nah he's about 194 cm IIRC and about 96 kg. That's a decent size for a kid who won't turn 19 until after this season.

Reckon he'll be more power forward than third tall

Wtf is with this certain height range = KPP, otherwise just a general forward/defender? Does the height really matter? If they are over 190cm then they are tall imo.

Darling is 191cm isn't he? And he clearly plays like a key forward. I'm not sure why some think you have to be over 195cm to be a KPP. If that were the case then the two best forward lines from last season only have one key forward each and even they only squeeze in to the height range (JK and Schoenmakers - and Schoey wasn't even B22 the whole season).

I think the one thing both Hawthorn and us have proved in recent times is that mobile key forwards are perhaps more useful than the big power forwards of old. I suspect it's no coincidence we recruited Lamb and then Allen in the last two drafts. Both aren't huge but are surely capable of developing in to great KPFs for us - with the added benefit of being versatile enough to play other roles if needed.

Wtf is with this certain height range = KPP, otherwise just a general forward/defender? Does the height really matter? If they are over 190cm then they are tall imo.

Darling is 191cm isn't he? And he clearly plays like a key forward. I'm not sure why some think you have to be over 195cm to be a KPP. If that were the case then the two best forward lines from last season only have one key forward each and even they only squeeze in to the height range (JK and Schoenmakers - and Schoey wasn't even B22 the whole season).

I think the one thing both Hawthorn and us have proved in recent times is that mobile key forwards are perhaps more useful than the big power forwards of old. I suspect it's no coincidence we recruited Lamb and then Allen in the last two drafts. Both aren't huge but are surely capable of developing in to great KPFs for us - with the added benefit of being versatile enough to play other roles if needed.

I'm not sure Allen is versatile. It's part of why he dropped. He is a full forward and only a full forward imo with question marks on agility, speed and ability to stay in the contest, make repeat leads and put on enough defensive pressure. More of a taller ben mckinley however at 194cm instead of 185cm he is tall enough to play that role well at AFL where as mckinley became a tweener.

Lamb hopefully becomes our future CHF.

Personally i don't see the big deal with it just depends on what the club had in place whether drinking is allowed or not
The more important question is... Did any of them threaten you with chopsticks?

The AFL are more than prepared to cover it up if they did - I'm just sure they'd appreciate some advanced warning to get the media spin flowing earlier this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back