Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
To be serious for a moment, what would be the minimum expected of GWS next year? 5 wins? They have got some experienced players in, now have an imposing trio of talls up forward and little disturbance to the coaching setup. All this along with the obvious fact that the best part of their young list has now had 2 years in the system, so they should be far more tolerant to the rigours of AFL footy.

To be serious for a moment, what would be the minimum expected of GWS next year? 5 wins? They have got some experienced players in, now have an imposing trio of talls up forward and little disturbance to the coaching setup. All this along with the obvious fact that the best part of their young list has now had 2 years in the system, so they should be far more tolerant to the rigours of AFL footy.

I have a feeling they'll pass the saints and the dees, winning 4-5 games

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
To be serious for a moment, what would be the minimum expected of GWS next year?

At risk of giving a boring stock standard answer, I see them improving, but being a little inconsistent. They have some great talent, and this off season have become a fair bit stronger with new recruits. Agree with eth-dog in seeing them pass saints and dees, but will also win some other games they aren't expected to win.

My thoughts are they will finish 3rd or 4th last, and some of the wins will be over top 8 teams.

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
I was thinking more along the lines of the Dees winning 6-7. Their team really isn't that bad anymore.

Yeah I can't see how they won't improve, but the recruits and Roos still doesn't make up for how woeful they looked last year for me. They just seemed to have nothing to offer at all in some games.

Still, they could be one of those groups where a little direction form the top, and things could suddenly click for some of the talented, but under-developed players they have on the list.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Dees winning 6-7. Their team really isn't that bad anymore.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to change the culture though.

Seems pretty dependent imo on Mitch Clark playing a decent chunk of the season. He's looked great up forward for them when he's been able to get out there.

I read somewhere Roos was looking to play him more in the ruck - great move IMO.
They could do with his aggression in the square and around the ground

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
Jarrad Waite...lol

Matthew_Lloyd

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Didn't pay attention to the draft apart from our selections, but did the tankers seriously select another midfielder with their first round pick? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back