Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 games in to the season and can you articulate what Leppa's game plan is? Don't see how this is an improvement on what Voss had going..

Brisbane in for a heck of a lot more pain.. I reckon they had at least 10 guys out there that shouldn't be part of their next Premiership run/tilt

5 games in to the season and can you articulate what Leppa's game plan is? Don't see how this is an improvement on what Voss had going..

Brisbane in for a heck of a lot more pain.. I reckon they had at least 10 guys out there that shouldn't be part of their next Premiership run/tilt

Yeah, they try and move it down the wings then bring it in to the corridor for their forward 50 thrust. Nothing wrong with the gameplan per se, but the skills aren't up to it.

To be fair to Leppa, he hasn't had the cattle. Their first two games of the season weren't that bad...pushed both Hawthorn and Geelong.

No point stressing about kicking. Posted this before but by my reckoning, just over of 50% of players are below AFL average at kicking. I am guessing it is a skill that harks back to junior days. I can't see significant improvement on the horizon. But good kicks are WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD.

I think Jobe is proof that if you work your ass off you can be good at anything. Nobody could gave imagined he could get to where he is now from where he was at in juniors or when he got to the club.

How does Steven Morris get a game? He is absolutely awful.
Leads the league in attempted diving smothers.

Needs to be bigger and numbers smaller if it is to work.
Then even the numbers become difficult to read - see Essendon's VFL jumpers.

Posted this before but by my reckoning, just over of 50% of players are below AFL average at kicking.
Mean or median?

Last edited:
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'd say 50% are below average and 50% are above average Yaco...........................................................
Outliers (e.g. Fletch and Goddard) are dragging up the average accuracy.

Hence, more than half of AFL players can be below the average.

I thought some of Brisbane's kids looked alright.

But, they're in for some pain for a while yet.

Looks like a good 2013 draft for them already. Aish is a gun, Cutler and Gardiner definitely didn't disgrace themselves in defence and they got a steal in Taylor

None of them apart from Aish are physically ready to play, but they've all showed glimpses already, may as well blood them early

Looks like a good 2013 draft for them already. Aish is a gun, Cutler and Gardiner definitely didn't disgrace themselves in defence and they got a steal in Taylor

None of them apart from Aish are physically ready to play, but they've all showed glimpses already, may as well blood them early
Missing Leuenberger, Hanley, Merrett, Rich, who else? They have so many out it's not funny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing Leuenberger, Hanley, Merrett, Rich, who else? They have so many out it's not funny

Staker, Beams, McGrath and Green would probably be there or there abouts as well

Staker, Beams, McGrath and Green would probably be there or there abouts as well
Yep, Staker is close to their best forward and Green is a good little goalsneak

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-19/were-a-topfour-training-team

'we train like a top 4 side'

721452.gif

So who do we want to win between NM and the Pies? my heart is telling me i want the Pies to get smashed, but my brain is telling me NM probably pose more of a problem for us on the ladder in the long run.

I hate watching games without barracking for someone. GOD DAMN IT HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back