Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not their list, it's their coach.
Popular enough opinion, and Scott is unquestionably a dud, but it's both.

Harvey is their best but will be done sooner rather than later.

Swallow and Cunnington are good, blue-collar types, but neither are strong enough to drag a mediocre side into contention. Throw in Goldstein, plus Ziebell, Wells and Dal Santo on the occasions they put shifts in though and you have a tidy enough midfield, albeit lacking in defensive ethic from the quicker players.

The defence is suspect and overly reliant on Thompson and Grima, when he can get on the park. Hansen goes alright when he can be unaccountable but struggles otherwise. They have no decent lockdown small and are reliably carved up by tricky forwards.

Of the youngsters, McDonald looks good but has played, what, five games? Atley and Mullett should be getting a pile more ball in a side that relies on maintaining possession. Bastinac, like Ziebell, is yet to really kick on.

Up forward though is where the real issues are. Thomas is a grade-A ****wit but a quality player. Black is bundle of promise, but not ready to build the line around, if he even is that sort of player. Those two are it though. On this year's performances, Petrie is cooked. Tarrant and Adams have floated around for years without doing anything. Daw is nothing but "potential". Currie is a human potato.

That's only two-thirds of the 22 and a few languishing in the twos, but there's literally no one else worth mentioning.

North Melbourne

A+ graders
----

A graders

Andrew Swallow
Nick Dal Santo
Brent Harvey
Scott Thompson
Daniel Wells

B+ Graders
Jack Ziebell
Ben Cunnington
Todd Goldstein
Drew Petrie

B graders
Ryan Bastinac
Shaun Atley
Aaron Black
Lachlan Hansen
Sam Gibson
Lindsay Thomas

C+ graders
Nathan Grima
Michael Firrito
Jamie McMillan
Aaron Mullet
Levi Greenwood
Scott McMahon

C graders or less
Sam Wright
Robbie Tarrant
Robin Nahas
Liam Anthony
Majak Daw
Kieran Harper
Taylor Hine
Ben Jacobs
Dan Currie
Brad McKenzie
Kieran Harper

NOTE: not going to make a call on the kids with less than 3 years experience on AFL lists. Still time on guys like Mason Wood, Taylor Garner, Luke McDonald, Trent Dumont to make a fair an educated rating on them.

collingwood are immune to that, didnt you get the memo?

Our home game.
North should have worn their Argentina strip, it's better than their real jumper anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that was my pre-season ladder grouping, so far both Sydney and Adelaide are doing a fair bit worse than I thought they would. It will be interesting to see how they (the Swans) run out the season, but right now you are right in that it looks like they belong in the 2nd group.

I was big on Adelaide as well, and I still reckon they'll make the 8. They should be 4-3 and hitting some winnable (but not bottom 4 like their current run) games with their tails up.

I'm still reserving judgement on Geelong. They've had 4 bankers so far (and it sounds a bit churlish to say that after last night) so it'd be a bit short-sighted to change my view on them based on nothing games.

They're playing against two of my top 4 in the next 7 days, so that's when we can start reassessing.

Without having seen the game, I reckon there would have been a very similar legginess about Freo as we had.
It was basically our game, except they showed their glimpses late instead of early in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back