Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How could Carlton play finals after 1 win? they'll need to win 4 games in row. like Eddie said there is light at the end of the tunnel for Carlton but a train is coming head on in west coast and Collingwood.

Going to be hard.
Put them down for 2 losses

Tyrone Vickery 1 goal in a 70 point loss in the VFL.

I'm sure it was just poor delivery.
McBean kicked 3 so not sure about that, considering Tyrone would be the main man

There's a thread that I think you guys would see as a Delusional Pearler I started on our board about how this season shows you get yourselves up for us - we're your Grand Final. Comments really welcome - though mods will enforce "LOL Norf, shoulda gone to the Gold Coast" rules.

We both had s**t weekends, pop over for a laugh.

There's a thread that I think you guys would see as a Delusional Pearler I started on our board about how this season shows you get yourselves up for us - we're your Grand Final. Comments really welcome - though mods will enforce "LOL Norf, shoulda gone to the Gold Coast" rules.

We both had s**t weekends, pop over for a laugh.

I'd say this season shows we beat up on terrible teams who can't defend, but struggle against teams who can.

How's Scotty going?

I'd say this season shows we beat up on terrible teams who can't defend, but struggle against teams who can.

How's Scotty going?

Which one?

Thompson, the AA fullback who held FRanklin goalless? Pretty good. Cloke got a hold of him but he's hardly alone in suffering that fate. And his mates further up the field did him no favours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha good thread.

Speaking of North. I know our Forward line is putrid, but what's going on with Norths? Is Petrie done? Or is he still playing the decoy role? Average of 9 disposals, and 0.6 goals a game. Is Dan Currie the saviour? Nope. Cool he finally played a game after 7 years on a list. Move him on. Majak Daw will come in against Fremantle, surely? Expect McPharlin to have more Inside 50's, more goals and more score assists then Majak. Black is a talent, but still raw.

Which one?

Thompson, the AA fullback who held FRanklin goalless? Pretty good. Cloke got a hold of him but he's hardly alone in suffering that fate. And his mates further up the field did him no favours.

Thompson? He's a ******* mongrel. Always leaving an elbow or a knee or something in on his man. I love him, and I love how much forwards hate him.

I'm talking about your appalling coach.

Haha good thread.

Speaking of North. I know our Forward line is putrid, but what's going on with Norths? Is Petrie done? Or is he still playing the decoy role? Average of 9 disposals, and 0.6 goals a game. Is Dan Currie the saviour? Nope. Cool he finally played a game after 7 years on a list. Move him on. Majak Daw will come in against Fremantle, surely? Expect McPharlin to have more Inside 50's, more goals and more score assists then Majak. Black is a talent, but still raw.

Drew isn't cooked but is clearly on the way down. Still provides structure nd xemands the best defender. Currie certainly isn't the saviour. BHe's only thedre because Tarrant and Maj aren't fit. We really miss Robbie Tarrant, for structure. With him there it creates so much more for the smalls. Now we have to play LT "tall". When Maj is fit he'll come in.

Given Ben10 is in stunning form in the middle, when Ziebell comes back next week, I'd actually play him forward. He's very capable overhead, is a great long kick and is also one of those classic "smart" forwards. Has also kicked a few bags of four before.

The plan was that Tom Curran would be playing seniors now, but he's been Gumbleton like in his run of appalling luck with injury.

Black is going to be a gun but isn't beasty enough. Mason Wood will also be a player but isn't a true KPF beast.

For now, what I'd do is bring Tippet in to play he 3rd KDP role behind Thompson and Narni, and send Lachie Hansen forward. He's got the confidence now. He believes he can play AFL at a high level and is a brutal contested mark.

In a fantasy world, we'd do a Port and somehow snare a Jay Schulz on the cheap. Jeez they did well there.

Ready made KPFd don't come cheap and the idea that you could lure a Patton or Boyd away from GWS is ludicrous. Especially given the price they'd want. And we don't have the "window" time to draft and develop one. That was what Curran was meant to be.

I reckon we might make a play at a GWS or GC young defender - Jakcsh? - who is ready to go (still not sold on Tippet) and play Lachie forward again, He can play forward and as I said, his confidence is up.

We can also afford to trade a 1st rounder and have enough depth we could let a player go too.

Actually, this season, he is

Drew isn't cooked but is clearly on the way down. Still provides structure nd xemands the best defender. Currie certainly isn't the saviour. BHe's only thedre because Tarrant and Maj aren't fit. We really miss Robbie Tarrant, for structure. With him there it creates so much more for the smalls. Now we have to play LT "tall". When Maj is fit he'll come in.

Given Ben10 is in stunning form in the middle, when Ziebell comes back next week, I'd actually play him forward. He's very capable overhead, is a great long kick and is also one of those classic "smart" forwards. Has also kicked a few bags of four before.

The plan was that Tom Curran would be playing seniors now, but he's been Gumbleton like in his run of appalling luck with injury.

Black is going to be a gun but isn't beasty enough. Mason Wood will also be a player but isn't a true KPF beast.

In all seriousness, I would be astounded if Daw doesn't play seniors next week. He still doesn't know how to use his body in the contest, but what he does (and did very well on the weekend) is play in front, run and jump at the footy and kick pretty straight. and would probably be a better 2nd ruck than currie as well.

In all seriousness, I would be astounded if Daw doesn't play seniors next week. He still doesn't know how to use his body in the contest, but what he does (and did very well on the weekend) is play in front, run and jump at the footy and kick pretty straight. and would probably be a better 2nd ruck than currie as well.

Entirely agree. Only concerns have been over his fitness, especially his knee. There's a lot weight to land on it when you jump as high as he does.

Currie tries hard but is a classic example of a bloke who dominates the VFL but just isn't quite good enough for the AFL.

People forget how vast that gap is.

Without having seen the game, I reckon there would have been a very similar legginess about Freo as we had.

Freo moved OK. Sydney were better at contested ball. Doubt that the heat affected Freo's performance.

It was about time he did.

Yep, though I reckon this will be his last big go round in terms of form. I know he's only 27, but he doesn;t strike me as having the body shape or mind set to play a long career.

And a bloke of his size who cops a bad injury feels it more.

If he copped a Michael Barlow style leg break, career over.

And not that I am in any way wishing it on him, I despise that kind of thing, after he basically ruined Liam Anthony's career, I wouldn't shed any tears either.

Not in the same way I'd be genuinely disappointed for the bloke himself and as a footy fan if similar happened to Pendles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back