Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol @ Fox commentary Port v Demons - apparently if you hit someone in the head/face after punching the ball it's not a free kick?o_O
I am only listening to MMM but they were filthy it was a free. They were adamant it shouldn't have been.

I am only listening to MMM but they were filthy it was a free. They were adamant it shouldn't have been.
It was a free, unlucky for Watts, but he did collect Wingard in the face after punching the ball.

If it's incidental and as a result of the follow through of a legit spoil of course it's not a free. Woeful decision, but we see more and more of them every week so I shouldn't be so surprised

Since when is head high contact not a free just because a player is spoiling the ball? Head high is head high.

Since the 1800s? Watch how many inadvertent elbows/forearms get someone high in marking contests without being called.

Glad you and I never played in the sane leagues if decisions like that are the norm for you: would have driven me (more) insane

That wasn't an inadvertent forearm or elbow, it was Watts' hand into Wingard's face. And there are plenty of examples of players bring penalised for punches to the back/front of the head while attempting to 'spoil'.

Pfft.

Soon you will say a quite deserving Brownlow fancy will miss out because he accidentally bumped heads with a player while they were both doing things perfectly legally.
My point is referring to the Wingard incident.

Edit: I just realised your point as well :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I know. Wasn't disagreeing with you.

Just referencing the frustration with the inconsistencies these days where this one is arm to the head, yet the Fyfe one is an accidental head knock with bigger consequences.
Yeah sorry, I did edit my response when I realised your point.

That kick from Dawes with 2.40 left on the clock - Somehow from the boundary line managed to hit it to true centre half forward into the arms of two port power. And then Power rush it up the ground for a goal - What a mistake by dawes ?

That kick from Dawes with 2.40 left on the clock - Somehow from the boundary line managed to hit it to true centre half forward into the arms of two port power. And then Power rush it up the ground for a goal - What a mistake by dawes ?
Frawley made a couple of bad blunders as well late in the last.

cant wait for the first time an umpire stops time to put the spray down, the player ignores it and plays on and kicks a goal and the umpire calls it back and everyone goes insane

No different to the current complete lack of understanding of time off.

Which is the reason it can't be used in footy.
I think it could work.. umpires can ask the player.. do you want the spray? if the players says no or doesn't answer.. then ump marks the spot as normal.. IF the player says yes.. then step it out and mark it..

Worth a try I think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back