Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody explain to me why the Ty Vickery incident is causing such outrage? Cox instigated the whole thing, and sure, it was a disproportionate response, but if he kept his elbow to himself in the first place, none of this would have happened. If Cox wasn't the recipient of the whack, and the victim was a maligned player rather than a loved one, I wonder if everyone would be up in arms.
Admittedly when I first heard about it (not having seen it), I assumed Vickery had full on just turned around and punched cox in the face. While I don't doubt there was probably some malice involved, it's hardly as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Can somebody explain to me why the Ty Vickery incident is causing such outrage? Cox instigated the whole thing, and sure, it was a disproportionate response, but if he kept his elbow to himself in the first place, none of this would have happened. If Cox wasn't the recipient of the whack, and the victim was a maligned player rather than a loved one, I wonder if everyone would be up in arms.

I agree. The MRP (Media) have only shown the incident and not the sequential actions prior.

Unfortunate? yes !
Untoward? no !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Vickery thing - I reckon he was going for the chest, Cox has his knees slightly bent and back arched, while Vickery is standing upright, this drops his height by a few centimetres, while this is happening Vickery is staring right at the ball, and watch Vickery's Arm when he throws the fist across, it's held straight with his own shoulder level. Since Vickery couldn't see Cox, and is focused on the ball, he probably thinks Cox is standing upright as well, and knows Cox is of a similar height(probably taller I cbf checking) so it stands to reason that if he wanted to hit his head, he would need to lift the arm above his own shoulder level.

So the MRP should grade it reckless, not intentional contact.

Just got back from the Collingwood game and let me tell you that Pie fans have no idea about the rules of the game. Sloane picked the ball up in a contest with no prior and was immediately tackled by 3 Collingwood players, and all you could hear was boos from the crowd. Ridiculous.

Just got back from the Collingwood game and let me tell you that Pie fans have no idea about the rules of the game. Sloane picked the ball up in a contest with no prior and was immediately tackled by 3 Collingwood players, and all you could hear was boos from the crowd. Ridiculous.

BREAKING NEWS: delusional Collingwood supporters found at MCG

That would be awesome. We would pants north and prob play freo in freo. Not so awesome.

We'd actually get (presumably) Geelong at the G.

Who's up for a prelim? :eek:

On the Vickery thing - I reckon he was going for the chest, Cox has his knees slightly bent and back arched, while Vickery is standing upright, this drops his height by a few centimetres, while this is happening Vickery is staring right at the ball, and watch Vickery's Arm when he throws the fist across, it's held straight with his own shoulder level. Since Vickery couldn't see Cox, and is focused on the ball, he probably thinks Cox is standing upright as well, and knows Cox is of a similar height(probably taller I cbf checking) so it stands to reason that if he wanted to hit his head, he would need to lift the arm above his own shoulder level.

So the MRP should grade it reckless, not intentional contact.

If they gave Lake only 4 weeks for trying to choke the life out of another player while the ball wasn't in the vicinity, I can't see how this gets more than 2 weeks on its merit.

If they gave Lake only 4 weeks for trying to choke the life out of another player while the ball wasn't in the vicinity, I can't see how this gets more than 2 weeks on its merit.

If they gave Goddard 2 weeks for bumping a player, I don't see how he avoids being deregistered.

It's a slippery slope trying to rationalise any decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back