Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton should have by 4 or 5 goals tonight - Freo will be lucky to win 2 of their last 4 games - Casboult was awful - Couldn't catch a ball to save his lfe - And that kick from Docherty - Tougher to kick it on the full than to keep the ball in play.

I did love Basil claiming that a centred kick to Ibbotson 20 metres on his own at the end (which he missed) was 'lucky'.

Serious question- is he a West Coast supporter? Some odd commentary tonight from him. The suggestion that a blatant 50m penalty somehow 'balances' out that horrible in-the-back to Murphy (wow he got some soft frees) was laughable.

And if Winderlich's elbow cost him a week, then Gibbs and Murphy should plan one of those hipster mid-season US trips, as they shouldn't be playing next game.

Basil did what Basil does, * up more of his comments than getting them right.

8067269c21e0a742efa401eee6477152_400x400.jpeg

So I see a player dragged to the ground with the ball. He tries to throw the ball onto his boot to kick it because he has an arm pinned. The ball misses his boot. Umpire calls play on. The tackler asks the question of the umpire and the umpire can be heard quite clearly saying "he made an attempt to kick it that's all he has to do".

How long has this been a rule??

So I see a player dragged to the ground with the ball. He tries to throw the ball onto his boot to kick it because he has an arm pinned. The ball misses his boot. Umpire calls play on. The tackler asks the question of the umpire and the umpire can be heard quite clearly saying "he made an attempt to kick it that's all he has to do".

Would have thought it would be incorrect disposal

If the player has been deemed to not have a prior opportunity, that's fine. I didn't watch the game so i have no idea if the player did have a prior opportunity though

If the player has been deemed to not have a prior opportunity, that's fine. I didn't watch the game so i have no idea if the player did have a prior opportunity though

The player had prior opportunity.

Carlton should have by 4 or 5 goals tonight - Freo will be lucky to win 2 of their last 4 games - Casboult was awful - Couldn't catch a ball to save his lfe - And that kick from Docherty - Tougher to kick it on the full than to keep the ball in play.

But But Casboult has the Strongest hands in the game......

Another great call by a media that it is becoming increasingly obvious knows nothing.

I didn't see it but the rule is you must be given the chance to attempt to get rid of it (prior opportunity). If there was no prior and he attempts to dispose of the ball legally (even if he inevitably doesn't) then it's play on. If he's had prior and fails to legally dispose of the ball, its HTB.

The HTB doc here explains it well.

http://www.essendondfl.com.au/uploads/media/Holding_the_Ball_01.docx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any reason Freo were wearing their away strip at home last night?
Something to do with White Night. They wear their away strip one game a year at a home night game. They mentioned it briefly on the telecast.

I was pretty sure he had prior opportunity.. so he probably didn't. I forgot about the whole two step, four step rule. :rolleyes:
And therein lies the trouble with umpiring Aussie Rules, it's left up to interpretation and effectively guess work! The rules aren't black and white in our game.

Last edited:
They're red and white?

I'll see myself out..
I hate when I get quoted and I've made a spelling or grammar mistake - look what you've done by quoting me Beery!

I was pretty sure he had prior opportunity.. so he probably didn't. I forgot about the whole two step, four step rule. :rolleyes:

One step, two step, red step, bl-PLAY ON!

But But Casboult has the Strongest hands in the game......

Another great call by a media that it is becoming increasingly obvious knows nothing.

Casboult has very strong hands when he can get to the ball - CARLISLE is the same - They both had butterfingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back