Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Leigh Matthews took a massive dump, the resulting excrement that washed up in some treatment facility in Werribee would be a better footballer than Brent ****ing Harvey.

No words can suitably convey the absolute sneer directed at the monitor.....
One, that's utter hyperbole, and secondly, I didn't compare them. I was making the point that a few acts of on-field thuggery or stupidity don't detract from how good a footballer is.

One, that's utter hyperbole, and secondly, I didn't compare them. I was making the point that a few acts of on-field thuggery or stupidity don't detract from how good a footballer is.

I agree - but continued acts of thuggery, coupled with several examples of selfish behavior make him a s**t bloke who also happens to be over rated as a player due to his longevity in the game.

If Melbourne get a priority pick for years of being a deadshit football club then I just don't know how the AFL could think of the word "equalization". All other clubs have the same opportunities to build the list and mount a tilt at a flag, it's Melbourne's own fault that they consistently failed.

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 1m
#Harvey's camp believe it is a roll that looks like "a reasonably impressive flip”. It didn't carry that intent, they say.

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 3m
"It's not a spear tackle… it's not done with intent,” says #Harvey’s counsel on the "shrug"

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 4m
Gleeson says #Harvey only needed to put his hand on the ground, rather than Picken's throat, to push back up.

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 7m
On the issue of the forearm to the neck Gleeson says it is open to reject #Harvey's evidence that "he had no alternative"

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 8m
Gleeson suggests it is unacceptable behaviour to throw a player over your shoulder where there is serious risk of injury #Harvey

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 8m
"If I was going to do something to his neck I would have put my whole weight on him,” says #Harvey

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 14m
"I'll be submitting that you have engaged in a deliberate throw of Picken over your body,” says Jeff Gleeson #Harvey

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 15m
"He made contact with me, if I had my time again, do you shrug? I don't know. If I could have kept my feet then, I would have” #Harvey

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 16m
AFL counsel is now asking #Harvey questions. #Harvey describes the flip of Picken onto the ground as a shrug.

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 23m
"He was pulling me down w/force, I'm trying to get off him w/force. It does look like my elbow is in his neck region but there was no force"

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 24m
"It happened so quick. I wanted to get back up. I was pushing up as quick as I possibly could. At no stage did I want to hurt him.” #Harvey

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 25m
"He's pulled me down & I landed like that. I tried to get straight up. He's pulling me down with my jumper. I just tried to get leverage."

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 25m
#Harvey says, "Liam Picken made contact with me and grabbed me with both hands. I gave him a little bit of a shrug and he slid up my back."

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 26m
#Harvey says, "I don't think I had any other option … when Liam pulled me down on to the ground that's how we landed."

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 28m
Medical report from Bulldogs says Picken was not attended to, had no medical issues, and required no ongoing treatment #Harvey

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 31m
#Harvey doesn't believe the forearm to the neck is misconduct, he disputes that being classed misconduct. Jeff Gleeson is the AFL counsel.

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 32m
#Harvey accepts the flip of Picken is misconduct and he pleads guilty.

AFL Tribunal @AFLTribunal · 33m
Chairman tonight is Ross Howie. Jury is Wayne Henwood, David Neitz and David Pittman. #Harvey’s case is up first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it?

Not that I'm comparing him directly, but Leigh Matthews regularly belted people in brutal fashion. Yet many people who bemoan his thuggery will readily call him the greatest player they've seen in the same breath.

Obviously has for me!
If Watson or Heppell carried on like that every time they got tagged it would be cringeworthy and they rightly wouldn't get the same respect they do now.
Regarding Lethal-the games built on hard nuts like him and Dermie, people might not love 'em, but they still respect 'em.

Wow most people thought he would plead guilty and cop whatever it was. He's actually trying to have the whole thing thrown out is he?

Edit- was just one and he still got done for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back