Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Melbourne get a priority pick for years of being a deadshit football club then I just don't know how the AFL could think of the word "equalization". All other clubs have the same opportunities to build the list and mount a tilt at a flag, it's Melbourne's own fault that they consistently failed.

Many are missing the point - How could the management of MFC ask for a compensation Pick - How ?

Many are missing the point - How could the management of MFC ask for a compensation Pick - How ?

Probably by email, although there's a chance they used the phone or snail mail.

The reaction from the Norf board is even better. Can't wait till we smack them in the Elimination final.

"Can't we DO something??"

No you ****ing minnows, you can't.

I know people often joke around when they call other clubs minnows, but it really is true in North Melbourne's case. This is a club that literally disbanded itself in an attempt to join Essendon. Pathetic really, and it explains the obsession they have with us.

Jade, I ask this out of genuine concern. Do you have any contingencies ready in the event that we play North and lose to them in week 1? i.e. a plane ticket to somewhere where they don't have any communications. Perhaps Afghanistan?

Jade, I ask this out of genuine concern. Do you have any contingencies ready in the event that we play North and lose to them in week 1? i.e. a plane ticket to somewhere where they don't have any communications. Perhaps Afghanistan?

Meh, I survived losing to Carlton in a final - North can barely call themselves an AFL club.

Won't be pleasant of course - but I'll live.

It does seem a bit odd that North/Harvey are getting all the heat. I mean, if Judd/Carlton did what Fyfe/Freo did we'd never stop making fun of them. I know we all love Fyfe and many hate North but fyfe's not exactly a clean skin (and that's over-looking the earlier suspension this year) and the Freo argument was bonkers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem a bit odd that North/Harvey are getting all the heat. I mean, if Judd/Carlton did what Fyfe/Freo did we'd never stop making fun of them. I know we all love Fyfe and many hate North but fyfe's not exactly a clean skin (and that's over-looking the earlier suspension this year) and the Freo argument was bonkers
Fyfe isn't a campaigner though.

Anyone who smacks Jordan Lewis is a friend of mine

I know it has become an accepted fact.. but when the hell did Frawley become worth a top 5 pick?? The bloke can't kick to save himself, his handballing is barely AFL level.. he doesn't provide much run out of defence. I agree that he can be good in 1-1 defending situations, HOWEVER it isn't like he is a 'once in a lifetime' backman.. I would have him in the bottom 8 full backs in the league right now..

I want to know which idiotic list manager believes he is worth 700,000???

If Melbourne somehow rorts the system to turn Frawley into a top 5 pick then they shouldn't get at PP. Two picks inside the top 5 should be MORE than enough to rebuild a club that WAS playing competitive footy around a month ago.

I would have him in the bottom 8 full backs in the league right now..

Dunno about that, but otherwise...

iSi2gZ2KnR5h.gif

of course the sad but probably alternative is that his big money deal is already done and he's just completely gone into full self preservation mode.

Which is pretty easy to do as a melbourne forward, could almost bring a lawn chair out onto the field with you

You say all of this as if it is a bad thing. Melbourne have been a joke on the football field for years. Certainly it was (mostly) their own doing, be it through bad drafting or bad player development, whichever side you want to take. I'm all for giving Melbourne a bit of a boost. They have been at the very bottom through the compromised drafts and the introduction of GWS and GC. They haven't received the draft picks they would have received in other years. Last year for example, they only won 2 games and received pick 2. That's unheard of. 2012 they had 4 wins and had pick 3. In previous years and under previous compensation rules, they would've been awarded pick 2 and 4 in 2013, and picks 3 and 6 in 2012, and that's best case scenario. 2 wins and 4 wins will usually end up finishing last, not second last or 3rd last.

At what point do you say enough is enough? How can one team be given so much and yet still be so bad?

At what point do you say enough is enough? How can one team be given so much and yet still be so bad?
But they haven't been given any extra than what other teams have been. They've received comparatively little than other teams in the past 10 years due to the compensation rule change and the compromised drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back