Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everybody think of Brisbane's list? For such a high turnover rate in the past few years it's pretty good, other than maybe half a dozen dead wood players. Their defence of:

Gardiner - Clarke - Cutler
Crisp - McStay - Rich

Will be awesome. Just make sure Clarke doesn't kick the ball.

Been thinking that too. Handy also that McStay looks like he'll be able to pinch-hit up forward too when needed. Plus, when you think of the pace they've got, and the number of young key forwards they have (Close, Freeman and they'll probably pick up Hammellman this draft) their list looks far more promising than both Saints & the Demons at the moment. Difficult thing will be whether they manage to hold onto them.

Apparently they're both retiring.

Hayes is a retirement, as is Maister, Milera has basically quit and they've already nudged Jones and Gwilt into retirement, and i expect they'll follow suit with Schneider. TDL and Dunell are average and should make way as well.

They could potentially upgrade their entire rookie list barring their 2 internationals

The bloke is possibly the worst kick in the competition playing regularly at AFL level.
His retiring mate would take that prize by the length of the Flemington straight, and then some.

Last 90 seconds of Bulldogs and GWS was wild. Gia's disposal was all over the shop in his last game. GWS managed to win a game solely off clearance goals and fast break goals.

Jack Martin of GCS - I suspect he is more talented than Bontempelli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take Garlett.. he might just be exactly what we need.. and I would have thought that it wouldn't cost too much either.

Hasn't got a defensive bone in his body.. but can kick goals..

Been thinking that too. Handy also that McStay looks like he'll be able to pinch-hit up forward too when needed. Plus, when you think of the pace they've got, and the number of young key forwards they have (Close, Freeman and they'll probably pick up Hammellman this draft) their list looks far more promising than both Saints & the Demons at the moment. Difficult thing will be whether they manage to hold onto them.
Don't forget Paparone either. They may not hold onto them but they're good bargaining tools in trades. Trade in a few mids (Beams is apparently a target) and it's looking very good

Oh well, last I checked Kochi backed AFL house to make all the correct decisions in the interest of the game last year, so I'd assume he feels the same way now.

Will be interesting to see if he bites the hand that feeds for a change or pull out the "anyone, anywhere, any time, any guernsy" type line

Last edited:
Port getting rammed by the AFL.
Making them wear their clash strip at their own home game.

Absolutely outrageous.

Weren't we all forced to come up with clash strips?

It's very strange that Richmond obtained approval for a clash strip, which is basically a pisstake it is so similar to the original, that clashes with a jumper that is predominately black and, on the odd rationale applied at the time, probably the second or third most prominent clash for the Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back