Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work with a couple Hawks fans. They consider themselves fanatics of all things Hawks.

Col Austin, the Brownlow medallist of 1949? They'd never heard of him.

Most of the fans I saw tonight would know of Shane Crawford as that old fart in the '08 premiership, and think that Vandenberg is a type of chocolate.

It never disappoints: Hawthorn games are always a rich vein for truly imbecilic comments.

Also, quite extraordinary that Hawthorn have participated in the hallowed "Cocktease Prelim" 4 years in a row.

Really wanted port to win for Monfries. Prob a bit unlucky in the end. Lots of luck involved with footy though I guess

I actually thought the umpiring was ok last night. The last three minutes were a shitfight (both ways), but other than that it was pretty consistent. I would have preferred our final to umpired that way than to the way it actually was
I thought the Hawks got the rub of the green all night, personally.

Just lots of soft frees.

I'm very sick of Puopolo's and (to a lesser extent) Breust's ducking of the head and diving.

Wingard chose a bad game to have a quiet one.

My favourite one was where Mitchell tackled Jonas in the first quarter, no prior opportunity, trying to get rid of it, HTB. 1 minute later, same umpire, I think it was Polec wrapped up a Hawthorn player in exactly the same situation, ball up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the fans I saw tonight would know of Shane Crawford as that old fart in the '08 premiership, and think that Vandenberg is a type of chocolate.

It never disappoints: Hawthorn games are always a rich vein for truly imbecilic comments.
Nah, that guy off The Footy Show, wait on was he a footballer?

That's what they've changed since bringing Buddy and Tippett in.

The recruiting and development is excellent and sight should not be lost of that fact.

Sure, they'd still be a good team, but it's Coke and Pepsi who make them as good as they are. Their pressure is a lot easier to absorb when you're defending Reid and Goodes with your best defenders instead of two of the best in the comp.

The only thing good about it being sydney and hawthorn is that they are the 2 biggest umpires pet teams in the comp so atleast one of them will be sooking that the umps didnt pay them enough frees during the game.

Geelong are said to be privately seething at this comment.

It does suck having to choose which team in the Grand Final you'd like least to lose, rather than be actively hoping one wins.

Agreed.

I'm going for Sydney on the premise that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I can only wait for the screeching from Eddie and co about COLA.
If they care enough about the state of the game, move a motion of no confidence in the AFL commission. If these aggrieved club presidents/chairman only waste oxygen complaining without acting then they are equally culpable as the commission regarding the degraded nature of the overall competition.

I hate Hawthorn and I dislike Sydney, but I can take the COLA Swans winning another flag on the back of the AFLs coat tails. 3 cheers for equalisation!

And Josh Kennedy (who seems like a perfectly decent bloke) able to give another massive '* You' to the club where his name is royalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back