Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

only if we ban you from discussing games

tumblr_lui8h7pp2Z1qiuodso1_400.gif

The AFL enabled Sydney to get to the Grand Final by giving them the room to get Tippett and Franklin. Longmire, like Lyon, has a gameplan that requires two strong key forwards. Imagine if they had Reid and White up front instead?
I get that but in my mind the fact Sydney are in the GF means the AFL has already won so for me it comes down to hating Hawthorn more. If Port had got through I would have found it a more difficult proposition despite Kochie being a ******* campaigner. I mean let's face it, the AFL are always going to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that but in my mind the fact Sydney are in the GF means the AFL has already won so for me it comes down to hating Hawthorn more. If Port had got through I would have found it a more difficult proposition despite Kochie being a ******* campaigner. I mean let's face it, the AFL are always going to win.

Sydney winning = ColaGate, (not to be confused with colegate) wherein Eddie, with the equally intelligent minds of Kennett/Kochie launch a media campaign to have Sydney's salary cap reduced to 9.8% of what it is currently.

Sydney winning = ColaGate, (not to be confused with colegate) wherein Eddie, with the equally intelligent minds of Kennett/Kochie launch a media campaign to have Sydney's salary cap reduced to 9.8% of what it is currently.
That would be entertaining but I doubt it would happen. Haven't the AFL said they're "phasing it out" now anyway? Love the way they have to phase it out. Wouldn't want any of these AFL footballers losing the roof over their heads because they can't pay their rent or starving because they can't afford to eat..

After all the handouts I wouldn't mind seeing Sydney's cap reduce to 1M. Not sure how they'd go with just Franklin on the field though. ;)

Yes Phone, the 2014 season is exactly the same as 2012, and Sydney would've made it to the GF without Franklin and Tippett.

Please.

It's more that Sydney was a really really good team without Franklin and Tippett and there's nothing to suggest that they still wouldn't be a really really good team without Franklin and Tippett. Clearly, Longmire's gameplan that requires two tall forwards was able to get the job done before without them....

also anyone who believes that this is the AFL's preferred GF is kidding themselves. A grand AFL conspiracy would have seen the feel good story of the past two seasons, which the AFL has happened to pump a lot of money into, and whose figurehead happens to be a very popular TV host that is broadcast across the country 5 days a week, make the grand final. Unless your grand AFL conspiracy is inconsistent with other AFL conspiracies (obsessed with all things Sydney and making money)

It's more that Sydney was a really really good team without Franklin and Tippett and there's nothing to suggest that they still wouldn't be a really really good team without Franklin and Tippett. Clearly, Longmire's gameplan that requires two tall forwards was able to get the job done before without them....

Of course they were a good team. But Franklin and Tippett have kicked around a third of Sydney's goals this season - and Tippett only played about half the games.

Goodes and Reid were their main key forwards in 2012, and kicked about a sixth of their goals. It's not that they can't get it done with lesser key forwards, it's that having the best combination in the competition makes it significantly easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back