Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and so he should have. Clarkson's going around hugging his players after they've just frickin' won and some person with a mic is trying to drag him away from that. and nothing remotely interesting even happened in the interview anyway
and just to be clear, I don't blame Tim for this, as he's clearly following his producer's orders, but jesus christ

Each year we tell ourselves, so and so will become elite.

Our players will take the next step.

Coach (insert name) will fix the team.

We won't drop matches against the likes of St. Kilda and Melbourne.

We will learn to play four quarters.

We will address our half year fade out.

When will this actually eventuate cause based on our past decade, we seem to be clinging on false hope.

none of us actually want to admit it, but we have about 4 players that would get a game at Hawthorn / Sydney .. and a bunch of second/third tier players.

Watson, Heppell, Hooker & Goddard.
Ryder had been great this year, but he's just as likely to go missing next year regardless of who he plays for.

we are miles away from the pressure the Hawks applied today.

God I miss Soloman & the Johnson brothers

none of us actually want to admit it, but we have about 4 players that would get a game at Hawthorn / Sydney .. and a bunch of second/third tier players.

Ryder had been great this year, but he's just as likely to go missing next year regardless of who he plays for.

You can add Carlise,Hibberd,Zaharakis to the list.

Think we have more than 4 players that could fit in Hawks best 22.

Watching two of my best mates, who are Hawks supporters, enjoy the day the day left me wondering how long it will be until I'm in that position again. We're not even close based on recent performance, which hurts when you think that we are 10+ years removed from being in that position.
keep the faith and enjoy watching the games

We can hate the Hawks all we like, but damn they are a great footy team
Welllll....Let's not start sucking each other's d--ks quite yet.

Unfortunately Kevin Sheedy has left us in quite a spot of bother.

Look at Lewis Hodge and Mitchell, Burgoyne, Lake, Hale, Roughead, Birchall. All been around for 10 years, all played 200 games and know exactly what they're doing and always show up in the big moments as your senior players should.

Rewind 13 years to when Hodge, Hale, Mitchell and Lake were all being drafted (admittedly by different clubs) and we were f***ing around with drafting Daniel McAlister a 2nd time, wasting 1st round draft picks on James Davies and Shane Harvey and not even feigning interest in trying to develop Ted Richards.

That's why we're where we are and Hawthorn are where they are despite what I think is a big gap in younger talent between the sides
Every time someone suggests the return of Sheedy, in any capacity, I cringe....from about 2002 onwards he did an absolute number on this club. The game passed him by very quickly but he either didn't see it or refused to admit it.

Hawks were my tip, and they way they used the ball in the forward half was the basis of my selection. Swans bomb into forward 50 too often, and through some Franklin genius were able to scramble 11 goals. And the Hawks midfield blitzed.

Think we have plenty who'd get a game in either team, they'd be different players to what you see with us if they'd developed in those systems.

Hawks were my tip, and they way they used the ball in the forward half was the basis of my selection. Swans bomb into forward 50 too often, and through some Franklin genius were able to scramble 11 goals. And the Hawks midfield blitzed.
This was the surprise to me...can't believe how badly they beat the Sydney mids. Prior to today I would have rated Sydney the best midfield in the game.

You can add Carlise,Hibberd,Zaharakis to the list.

Think we have more than 4 players that could fit in Hawks best 22.

and this is why we are dreaming. Zaharakis is a downhill skier, Carlisle brilliant about 50% of the time and Hibbo.... nearly there but not quite.

it's one thing to match the Hawks for 3 quarters during the home & away season... but I'm talking about teams that win flags. we're barely top 8 material with our list. close enough isn't good enough

and this is why we are dreaming. Zaharakis is a downhill skier, Carlisle brilliant about 50% of the time and Hibbo.... nearly there but not quite.

it's one thing to match the Hawks for 3 quarters during the home & away season... but I'm talking about teams that win flags. we're barely top 8 material with our list. close enough isn't good enough

I disagree we are not far off some tinkering and pace added will take this team to the promised land.

Whoever first posted that the hawks were $2.40+ for the win thanks. It would have been nice if tippet had of marked in the square instead of letting it bounce through, but it's still a good day.

They were at $11 for 40+. Chucked a tenner on that. All in all:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus I feel sick with envy. We are so far off it it isn't funny. I was only 7 when we won 2000 and obviously didn't understand the magnitude of winning a granny but watching Hawthorn up there, it just feels s**t.

Yep.

When have we even played in a game when an opposition has sustained a finals level of pressure for w whole game?

I disagree we are not far off some tinkering and pace added will take this team to the promised land.
It's that easy is it? We'll just storm into finals and pinch a flag? Teams need to build finals experience. Our players have none of that. Actually winning a final getting deep into September for a few years. Once we do that then we can start looking at a flag.

It's that easy is it? We'll just storm into finals and pinch a flag? Teams need to build finals experience. Our players have none of that. Actually winning a final getting deep into September for a few years. Once we do that then we can start looking at a flag.

Just need to see Port Adelaide last year. Finish 7th, out 1st week of the finals to this year bordering on top 4, next year, who knows?

Just need to see Port Adelaide last year. Finish 7th, out 1st week of the finals to this year bordering on top 4, next year, who knows?
But still they didn't just waltz in and win a flag. They are in the process of building finals hardness. Finals footy is a complete different ball game. Soon they will be in a position to win one. Probably next year tbh.

They were out 2nd week last year.

I have to say it.

Massive respect to Hawthorn. It is one of the greatest performances over the course of a season I can remember.

Clarkson, the ill-tempered little campaigner that he is, is a ******* genius.

I didn't want to admit it to myself but I wanted Hawthorn to win all along. It was strange that Buddy's mates didn't turn up on the day. He did about everything he could do to be the difference.

The bastards just know how to build premiership dynasties.

Last edited:
But still they didn't just waltz in and win a flag. They are in the process of building finals hardness. Finals footy is a complete different ball game. Soon they will be in a position to win one. Probably next year tbh.

I'm tipping them for the '15 flag.

Extraordinary to think they were 3 points away from denying Hawthorn the chance to produce that. What might've been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back