Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be the increased running the players are now doing in Summer months? pUtting on size in the gym and then running a ridiculous amount of Kms on hard surfaces would have to put a ridiculous load through your feet.

You'd hope it is just bad luck and there was nothing there before hand.

Clubs hate these injuries - Melbourne nearly pulled a fast one which I find very fishy. Luckily Richmond did the correct due diligence.

Kristian Jaksch is the latest to go down with a navicular.

Is it just me, or is this injury a lot more common than it once was? Or at least, diagnosed more?

There seems to be a lot more emphasis on running these days, and running mile after mile on fatigued ankle joints surely increases your risk of injury.

There seems to be a lot more emphasis on running these days, and running mile after mile on fatigued ankle joints surely increases your risk of injury.
I think the issue is not just the mile after mile because long distance runners run much much more. It's running mile after mile at 80, 90 and 100kgs that cannot be good for your ankle, feet or knees.

so the answer is to get rid of the november-december pre-season eh. good ill send them the petition

Start it on facebook it will carry a ton of weight.

Another key factor is the change in surfaces.

Most of these guys do the majority of their running on soft, spongy grass, and get used to a technique that works there. Switching to harder surfaces for preseason and cardio sessions often causes problems like stress issues

It may just be bad luck - It's not like there is an epidemic of these injuries - Of course there are two ways this injury can occur - The most common is the result of stress, and you usually recover, while you can get this through an impact injury ( read Matthew Egan ) And many don't recover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would feel bad for a club that gave up a top 10 draft pick to get a guy who may never reach his potential... but then I remembered it was Carlton.

**** Carlton

I don't feel sorry for Carlton at all, in fact suck s**t to them, but I feel incredibly sorry for Jaksch. Here he is getting a great opportunity to play footy at the highest level due to lack of KPPs at Carlton compared to GWS, and he cops an injury which is rapidly gaining a worse reputation than a knee.

Let's hope it's something the kid can recover from reasonably quickly and never see again. Then I can get on with hating him because he plays for Carlton.

I would feel bad for a club that gave up a top 10 draft pick to get a guy who may never reach his potential... but then I remembered it was Carlton.

**** Carlton
Know that feel

274538-scott-gumbleton.jpg

For posting that while Jade is on one of his benders, I might have to rename you 'CourtzMatador'.

I was gonna lay the smackdown on her, but then I remembered I can't fight and she looked kung-fu capable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back