Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think I've heard much like that at all. It's basically been along the lines of Hamilton was the boss before Hird came along, Hird bought Danny Corcoran in and decided Corcoran was his man, leading to confusion as to who the boss of the department, cleaned up when Hamilton left and Corcoran officially became the boss It's a bit hard to blame Hamilton when he's been orchestrated and as far as I'm concerned, Robson, Evans, Hird, Reid etc have all got more blame from people on here and in the media anyway

I mean, he is involved in those issues, but unfortunately it didn't seem like he had much influence. Which isn't to say he doesn't have a blackmark out of all this, but it's nothing that would stop him from getting another job in the biz

Last edited:
I've been one to bring Hamilton's name up a few times, I suppose as much as anything because I found it strange that he's been basically not mentioned in the media dispatches at all.

Perhaps I've unfairly apportioned some blame in terms of oversight that really belonged to Corcoran.

Fall guys and scapegoats are often mentioned in discussion - Hamilton meets the criteria.
I've heard he was pretty heavily involved and he was responsible for a large part of the record keeping or lack of... Who really knows though?

Id suggest the over reaction of thoughts towards Hamilton on here are due to the relative non reaction from the general public. the same way the complete over reaction of the media against Hird has created a cult like worship for some people in support of Hird.

The truth (as is usually the way) is in the middle with both men (and others) having some role/blame in this sorry saga. But not as little or as much as either of them have been portrayed both on here and in the general public/media.

Id suggest the over reaction of thoughts towards Hamilton on here are due to the relative non reaction from the general public. the same way the complete over reaction of the media against Hird has created a cult like worship for some people in support of Hird.

The truth (as is usually the way) is in the middle with both men (and others) having some role/blame in this sorry saga. But not as little or as much as either of them have been portrayed both on here and in the general public/media.
Dank answered to Hamilton/Corcoran, not Hird. Hird is the head coach, he's above Dank in a similar way he's above Dodoro. Do they interact? Yes. Does Dank/Dodoro help Hird with ways of getting what he wants in the football club? Yes. Do either directly answer to Hird? No, and if they do, they shouldn't.

Dank answered to Hamilton/Corcoran, not Hird. Hird is the head coach, he's above Dank in a similar way he's above Dodoro. Do they interact? Yes. Does Dank/Dodoro help Hird with ways of getting what he wants in the football club? Yes. Do either directly answer to Hird? No, and if they do, they shouldn't.

Not really relevant to what i was saying,

I was not attributing blame to either party, merely stating that possibly the reason many people on here are not a fan of Hamilton is because he has seemingly excaped blame from the outside masses. Just as Hird has been staunchly defended on here just as strongly as he has been hauled over the coals by the general public/media.
Both viewpoints are extremes and not a true reflection of what each man was responsible for. But when your taking snapshots of a select internet forum dedicated to all things Essendon, and a football media hungry for a story you are going to get extremes.

As an outsider who has no inside contacts or knowledge of what went on i will not be drawn on who i believe is at fault and how much so. I am merely providing the rationale for why viewpoints can differ and why some people can think so little of one man while others think he has done nothing wrong.
Similar things can be said for peoples views on Craig and Corcoran, two names that get raised often with people swearing blindly on both sides that both men are a certain way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be over the moon if I was a Melbourne supporter. The trade period and draft could not have panned out any better.

Got the two best most ready to go inside midfielders (and the best mid of the whole draft) and nabbed Oscar McDonald (Toms brother) for a long term look at a KPD post along with a battled hardened Stretch.

As far as their best team is concerned the impact is as immediate as it is significant:

Out from 2014: Frawley and who cares
In for 2015: Hogan, Frost, Petracca and Brawshaw.

Covered 2014 Frawley any way you look at it (with Hogan and Frost to play forward and back) and got Brawshaw in return.

It's about time things turned for those poor sods.

Carlton announce a $1.6 million dollar loss conveniently during the draft.

**** Carlton.
lol.gif

I would be over the moon if I was a Melbourne supporter. The trade period and draft could not have panned out any better.

Got the two best most ready to go inside midfielders (and the best mid of the whole draft) and nabbed Oscar McDonald (Toms brother) for a long term look at a KPD post along with a battled hardened Stretch.

As far as their best team is concerned the impact is as immediate as it is significant:

Covered 2014 Frawley any way you look at it (with Hogan and Frost to play forward and back) and got Brawshaw in return.

Their defence in 3 years time:

O McDonald - S Frost - N Jetta
J Grimes - T McDonald - ???

Good defenders but some of the worst kicks of the football you'll see. Maybe Toumpas off HB, he has good skills.

From a list management point of view, the loss of Clark may be exponential but will be counteractive once Jesse Hogan gets on the park.

To date, this is the Demons list changes this far;

OUTS:
Free Agency:
- Mitch Clark (Geelong)
- James Frawley (Hawthorn)

Retirement:
- Shannon Byrnes
- Michael Evans (rookie)

Delisted:
- Sam Blease
- Mitch Clisby
- Daniel Nicholson
- James Strauss
- Luke Tapscott
- Alex Georgiou (rookie)

INS:
Trades:
- Herritier Lumumba (Collingwood)
- Sam Frost (GWS)

Free Agency:
- Ben Newton (Port Adelaide - Delisted Free Agent)
- Jeff Garlett (Carlton - Delisted Free Agent)

Rookie Upgrades: Neville Jetta

National Draft:
- Christian Petracca (pick 2)
- Angus Brayshaw (pick 3)
- Alex Neal - Bullen (pick 40)
- Billy Stretch - father/son (pick 42)
- Oscar McDonald (pick 53)

Would like to think that with the addition of two quality guys in the rookie draft to top off the list and head into round 1 next year looking something like this;

B: Colin Garland - Sam Frost - Neville Jetta
HB: Jack Grimes - Tom McDonald - Lynden Dunn
C: Dom Tyson - Jack Viney - Bernie Vince
HF: Christian Petracca - Chris Dawes - Jeremy Howe
F: Jeff Garlett - Jesse Hogan - Jay Kennedy ~ Harris
R: Mark Jamar - Nathan Jones - Daniel Cross
I/C: Jack Watts - Christian Salem - Max Gawn - (Angus Brayshaw)

unlucky: Ben Newton, Viv Michie, Jimmy Toumpas, Jack Trengove (injured), Matt Jones, Dean Kent, Jake Spencer, Cam Pederson, Aidan Riley

Actually doesn't look to bad. The best thing is seeing guys like Cross, Lumumba, Vince in key posts rather than kids like Kent, Michie, Toumpas, Trengove etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back