Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we throw some serious money at him or someone similar.
He came back to Port because his family wanted to come back to Adelaide (insert why Adelaide? jokes), he was offered roles at an NBA club, an NFL club and I think it was also AC Milan but home was where the heart is, he's the highest paid fitness guy in the AFL and the Crows had a look at him too but Trigg decided he didn't want to pay him more than a assistant coach (Bickley, Camporeale). Carlton's woes will continue.

Also the other thing I will add is that when there are major fitness conference's held around the world he is one of the first to be called to talk there and one of the reasons we go to Dubai is because he has connections with the Royal family there.

When White joined from Richmond he apparently was in the top 2 runners at Tigers but struggled to make top 6 at Port, when Polec joined he was roasted by Hinkley on his first run and look how his year turned out. There's a good interview with Burgess on thewellnesscouch.com, the man does really know what he's talking about.

Yeah, I'm well aware of this hence me hoping (blindly) that Ryder was just naughty during the off season as opposed to us being that far behind. Port landed flat on their feet when they recruited Burgess, I don't think there's anyone in the land that would dispute you've got one of the best.

My wife was saying last night that the word out of Port is that Ryder is lacking considerably in the fitness department.

I wonder if that's due to what he has/hasn't done during the off season, or whether it's a poor reflection on our fitness when compared to that of Port.

That's just how he starts pre-seasons. If I recall correctly Hird and Goodwin were beating him in time trials last year (or in 2012 - though they may have been juicing).

Amazing, really.

It's hard to imagine how you could play footy with such limitations on your vision, so to see him make AFL is pretty incredible.

Good luck to him.

Darryl Poole played AFL briefly for Port Adelaide, was blind in one eye (allegedly - he was trying to get off at the tribunal when it was revealed ;))

As Bruno stated Ryder builds into his pre-seasons - And Ryder has never appeared unfit when on the field - You don't have to be the fastest or the strongest runner on the track to impact on footy games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

95270_8c333e5dfd820c1417f7e5fb48c526ed.jpg

Wanganeen looks in better shape, Ryder has love handles happening.

95270_8c333e5dfd820c1417f7e5fb48c526ed.jpg

Wanganeen looks in better shape, Ryder has love handles happening.

Why is Gavin wearing his top? And why is Ryder in a full game day kit during the pre-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back