Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eh, Burgess appears to know exactly what he's doing.
Yeah, if they were going to get a bunch of soft tissue injuries it would have been during their first year of the higher intensity training. I'd love for us to pick up someone who's worked with him in high performance. Say all you want about big bodied midfields and monster forward lines, if you can run your opponent into the ground and run over the top of them in the final quarter you'll win far more games than you lose.

Yeah, if they were going to get a bunch of soft tissue injuries it would have been during their first year of the higher intensity training. I'd love for us to pick up someone who's worked with him in high performance. Say all you want about big bodied midfields and monster forward lines, if you can run your opponent into the ground and run over the top of them in the final quarter you'll win far more games than you lose.

We saw the first steps of everyone changing their programs this year, most people have ditched high altitude and heat training is the new way to do things. Also Port players have been on a high-fat low carb diet for awhile, Melb have just started theirs so that may become more popular as well.

We saw the first steps of everyone changing their programs this year, most people have ditched high altitude and heat training is the new way to do things. Also Port players have been on a high-fat low carb diet for awhile, Melb have just started theirs so that may become more popular as well.
Yeah. I just hope the club is moving with the times and not going to be that 'conservative' Essendon people here speak of fondly for some reason.

I think our fitness has been pretty good recently, a few years ago we would blow up in the last quarter of nearly every game and numerous players would get cramps. I cant remember the last time that we looked really out of legs towards the end of a game.

I think our fitness has been pretty good recently, a few years ago we would blow up in the last quarter of nearly every game and numerous players would get cramps. I cant remember the last time that we looked really out of legs towards the end of a game.

Was one of the main things the club wanted to change when Hirdy came as coach.

Pity that our coaching/fitness regime didn't realise three years ago that footy is an aerobic game. Put AFL players through normal pre-seasons and they naturally put on around 8kgs in their first 3 or 4 years. I've never been convinced that having big bodies wins you games of footy in 2014.

Kind of did in the North final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity that our coaching/fitness regime didn't realise three years ago that footy is an aerobic game. Put AFL players through normal pre-seasons and they naturally put on around 8kgs in their first 3 or 4 years. I've never been convinced that having big bodies wins you games of footy in 2014.

Maybe not in 2014 but only 2-3 years ago Geelong would beat everyone up in the midfield, and the pies too. Clubs are always 1-2 seasons behind the curb in regards to the physical attributes of the top sides.
Good example, our 2000-2001 side was quite strong but also intimidating, Lions came along and upped the ante, then as everyone made the transition to Big strong players, Port came in and put them to the sword with pace and a running game.

Actually if you look back over the last decade that has been the trend, teams get big to beat the quicker sides up and win the ball, then teams get quicker and play keepings off, thats the phase we are in now. Lose the ball out of the midfield normally against the bigger bodied mids, yet win it back in the backline and rebound with speed.

Of course this is looking at a very very basic level.

Kind of did in the North final.

That really did appear to be a mindset thing too not so much a fitness thing. North when they get momentum are very hard to stop, so it wasnt so much fitness, we came out slow after half time, got ahead of ourselves, gave thema sniff and then couldnt stop them once they got rolling.

346083-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

"Oh yeah, that's the spot!"

Also the other thing I will add is that when there are major fitness conference's held around the world he is one of the first to be called to talk there and one of the reasons we go to Dubai is because he has connections with the Royal family there.
Woah, what the *?

The trip to that sports centre that Port have just left in Dubai is by invitation only, even Man U can't train there without an invite.

see, equalization does work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back