Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree on how this should apply to F/S picks since every club has access to them. However, something needs to be done when Heeney goes at 18 and Mills and Dunkley could be picked up for late first and second round picks.

Did they bring this in because of where we got Joe?

Don't like it, I like how a son of a former player can go to the club that their father played for relatively cheaply in some circumstances. It all even outs in the end as what comes around goes around. Now clubs might not pick up the kid because his cost might be too high, which is unfair on the kid.
Yeah but when you see a club like Geelong score GAJ and then he ends up leaving anyway, sure there was some decent money on the end (although I reckon Brisbane could do a 'Buddy' deal atm) but it was felt that he wasn't happy in the fishbowl of Geelong and that he wanted a fresh start.

Well, well, look what the AFL can come up with when faced with Eddie McGuire basically putting together a movement to have Victoria move for independence from the rest of Australia because of the ridiculousness that was going to be created by Sydney's drafting advantages.

The new system makes sense. It's still bullshit because with an academy which enables the poaching and development of the best athletic talents going around the strike rate of guaranteed quality first rounders will still be disproportionately high when compared to the father-son lottery but at least now they have to pay for it (especially when they are a good team).

Well, well, look what the AFL can come up with when faced with Eddie McGuire basically putting together a movement to have Victoria move for independence from the rest of Australia because of the ridiculousness that was going to be created by Sydney's drafting advantages.

The new system makes sense. It's still bullshit because with an academy which enables the poaching and development of the best athletic talents going around the strike rate of guaranteed quality first rounders will still be disproportionately high when compared to the father-son lottery but at least now they have to pay for it (especially when they are a good team).
It also allows for tweaks to the system while leaving the original framework intact. They could conceivably give F/S a 50% points discount or something to make it easier for clubs to draft them.

I'm shocked, it looks like the AFL has actually stopped and thought about something and is going to implement a system that is both fair and equitable.

Somethings not right at AFL House.
itsatrap.gif

itsatrap.gif
this might be about the 5th time i've posted this but whatevs

a_spt_anthony_16onn5j-16onn5o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney and Isaac Heeney.

I'm shocked, it looks like the AFL has actually stopped and thought about something and is going to implement a system that is both fair and equitable.

Somethings not right at AFL House.

Yes.. all of this AFTER sydney absolutely pillage last year's draft and after they've also previously gotten tom mitchell for loose change. Please forgive me if I'm not weak at the knees with admiration for the AFL

Yes.. all of this AFTER sydney absolutely pillage last year's draft and after they've also previously gotten tom mitchell for loose change. Please forgive me if I'm not weak at the knees with admiration for the AFL
Tbf, that was a compromised draft. In a normal draft it would have been pick 12.

Good work by North Melbourne to re-sign Swallow. I always thought it'd be more likely that he reunites with his brother at Gold Coast than the other way around.

Good work by North Melbourne to re-sign Swallow. I always thought it'd be more likely that he reunites with his brother at Gold Coast than the other way around.
Andrew is captain on North though, I would have been surprised if he left.

I know Griffen walked but I can't see Swallow doing the same.

Andrew is captain on North though, I would have been surprised if he left.

I know Griffen walked but I can't see Swallow doing the same.
I meant if they offered captaincy to someone like Cunnington or Ziebell and he left.

I'm not sure on his contract situation but they should be all over getting Todd Goldstein re-signed as well.

You rate Goldstein?
Only ruckmen I'd take ahead of him would be Sandilands, Jacobs, Mumford, Ryder and Naitanui. He's also their most important player by the length of Bass Straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back