Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leppitsch is a s**t coach.

You don't get to have a midfield of the quality he has and produce results as bad as they are producing because you're undermanned in the key posts.

Eade was making prelims at the Bulldogs without a key forward and with one key defender.

Yep, **** that campaigner. Deserved to have the s**t kicked out of him.

Sick of the ******* dogooders being offended by everything. It protects these opportunistic campaigners who don't deserve protection.
Precisely. We live in the age of easily offended, overly PC people who need to point out fault in everything that happens (when 99% of the time there's no fault to begin with)

Violence is not the answer and Clarkson does have plenty of form, but frankly that guy was acting like a turd and I have not a shred of sympathy for him.

pretty hilarious that this happened the same day this article was posted

those guys were idiots and they didn't deserve a photograph or whatever they wanted, and clarkson obviously shouldn't be punished, but he was dealing with guys who he knew were drunk. Why would you physically engage with them? You don't need training to know the play there is just keep on walking.

Yep, **** that campaigner. Deserved to have the s**t kicked out of him a clip.

Sick of the ******* dogooders being offended by everything. It protects these opportunistic campaigners who don't deserve protection.

Edit: seriously, all of these dickheads talking about it never being okay to throw a punch really just emphasise that they've never been involved in a dangerous situation in which you have to make a split-second decision to protect yourself and basically have no idea what they are talking about.

It might not look like Clarkson was in that dramatic a situation, but then, he's dealing with a drunk, unpredictable idiot who is in his face. Why should he just assume that his physical safety is not at threat? Why does he have to be the one to risk a bruised face, broken nose or cheekbone or much worse?

That Clarkson is an aggressive little s**t with a short fuse should not cloud judgement.

Agree completely. You never know when someone might suddenly do something aggressive, so the best bet is to get in first and make sure they can't. It's the only way to ensure the safety of you and those you care about.

And all those do-gooder, bleeding-heart intellectuals with their 'one punch can kill' crap... they need to get out in the real world and see what it's like...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Clarko, he was being hassled by a bunch of drunk campaigners in the middle of the night. What's to say the other campaigner wouldn't have hit him if he did nothing?

so clarko terms it a very forceful push, not an attempted roundhouse to the face that fortunately for him missed.

He''ll completely get away with this
Of course he will. We all know that the AFL protects all of their coaches equally, and in no way would ever dream of damaging a coach's image or god forbid marginalise them and campaign for their termination.

..sorry, couldn't help it.

Agree completely. You never know when someone might suddenly do something aggressive, so the best bet is to get in first and make sure they can't. It's the only way to ensure the safety of you and those you care about.

And all those do-gooder, bleeding-heart intellectuals with their 'one punch can kill' crap... they need to get out in the real world and see what it's like...

Your answer.... is to get in first? So if I FEEL threatened I can take action? If im worried that something happens I can get physical and end it before it begins?
Nice little rule you have there. When questioned about why you just laid someone out you can just say you felt threatened, done, play on no harm because its the other persons fault for making you feel uncomfortable.

Port guys were being morons. Its up to Clarko to set an example and walk away.

Your answer.... is to get in first? So if I FEEL threatened I can take action? If im worried that something happens I can get physical and end it before it begins?
Nice little rule you have there. When questioned about why you just laid someone out you can just say you felt threatened, done, play on no harm because its the other persons fault for making you feel uncomfortable.

Port guys were being morons. Its up to Clarko to set an example and walk away.

Wow, and I was worried I'd laid on the sarcasm too thickly...

To be fair to Clarko, he was being hassled by a bunch of drunk campaigners in the middle of the night. What's to say the other campaigner wouldn't have hit him if he did nothing?

If we were to follow your line of thinking, unless Clarko is aware of past drunken, violent behavior by the individual (who shouldn't have been acting the way he was), then there is nothing to say that the campaigner would hit him. Clarko, however is known to have a violent streak as displayed by his actions against coaching box walls and harassing umpires at junior footy events. Assuming that the campaigner knows this as well, is he entitled to a free swing at Clarko as he couldn't be sure that Clarko wouldn't swing at him if he did nothing?

Adelaide will still win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back