Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it wasn't just the media salivating about our misfortune. Carlton supporters have been some of the most vitriolic in their desire to watch us burn (check the special saga topic on their board). Forgive me for not feeling a whole heap of sympathy for them at the moment.

They have a bad football team. That's all. It pales in comparison to the s**t Essendon supporters have had to put up with recently. If you can't enjoy a rival struggling on the field, what's the point?

Don't worry, I have plenty of Carlton supporting friends and family who get a good ribbing from me in times like these. It is part of the fun of footy. But then none of the ones I know have been as ridiculous in their opinions during the ASADA shite as some on the Carlton and HTB boards. I'd need to spend more time on there to increase my feeling toward them, but why would I want to do that?

I dunno, I just find common ground with campaigners like Purple and Stevo a bit uncomfortable, kind of like how I would feel if they were offering me a high-five haha.

On another note, what is going on with the crowds?

32k last night. And this is on top of the AFL's efforts to actually make footy more fan friendly.

They'd have to be a bit perplexed.

i genuinely feel bad for the Blues. Hope Bomber heads there and fixes them up.
I feel a little bad for them as well, or at least, the fans of theirs that I personally know who are so utterly dejected with football at the moment.

But Bomber going there? You go too far. I'd puke.

ted-confused.gif

I feel a little bad for them as well, or at least, the fans of theirs that I personally know who are so utterly dejected with football at the moment.

But Bomber going there? You go too far. I'd puke.
In fact, if Bomber goes there, I think I'll list them in my "other teams"

:straining:

32k last night. And this is on top of the AFL's efforts to actually make footy more fan friendly.

Again... Geelong on a Friday night in Melbourne. Dumb dumb dumb.

Again... Geelong on a Friday night in Melbourne. Dumb dumb dumb.
No doubt, but it's also a continuation of a trend that is being seen across weekends.

How does a St Kilda v Essendon game on Sunday afternoon only get 29k?

Vlad's cash grab in 2014 drove a lot of people back to local footy.

Still reckon Goddard was stitched up by Channel 7 last week, and then was forced to back down on his complaint. I haven't HEARD one comment from players on the umpires mic in three quarters. Not a peep !

Channel 7 is a disgrace.
See I just don't understand what motivation Channel 7 would have to "stitch up" Goddard.

The tanking wasn't great, but it was 15 years ago.

We cheated the salary cap as well,

Surely you're joking about sabotaging Malthouse right?

I've revelled in Carlton losses over the years as much as the next Bomber fan, but this is a whole other level of pain. I don't gain any satisfaction from watching this happen to any side every week.
I'm with you, I have a lot of pity for Carlton. So much pity.

See I just don't understand what motivation Channel 7 would have to "stitch up" Goddard.
Not sure it is a stitch up just that it is inline with his angry on field character. It kinda suited that narrative.

If it were a clean player that make the same comment the feeling it C7 would have cut it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm enjoying Carlton's foreboding season of torment. After the past few years and what our club has been through, some sub-standard on field performances don't exactly make me feel guilty for enjoying it either.

We always ribbed them about always poaching players rather than building their own then it was just brought to my attention they have never once advertised for a coach! They have always poached or man marked their coaches as well.

What a club.

Alistair Lynch talking Adelaide GWS
Walker and Betts best big man small man combo in the league.
Walker back from an ACL and Betts from Carlton.

the way he said that put a smile on my face like being at Carlton is like havinb a ACL
And by the way there werent too many Carlton suporters on here who didnt have plenty to say about ASADA so they can roll in their own s**t as far as i am concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back