Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to see either of the WA sides get it or Doggies. I could handle the Tigers winning it I have a fair few mates who are tigers fans, I couldn't handle the media coverage that would shortly follow if they won.

I find the Tigers to be a very likeable team (Excluding Jack) but some of there supporters are unbearable. I know all teams have bad eggs but the Tiger supporters I know are the biggest loud mouths ever.

They are going to be worse than Hawthorn supporters if they manage to pinch a flag.

Last edited:

If it is another Sydney hawthorn grand final, I won't watch it again. I went and had a hit of tennis during last years grand final, still have t seen any of it or even highlights. Anyone else in the top 8 I can deal with.

Amazingly enough, Richmond and Hawthorn have never played each other in a final.

I reckon a final between the two would be interesting; although I'd back the Hawks because of their experience.

Amazingly enough, Richmond and Hawthorn have never played each other in a final.

I reckon a final between the two would be interesting; although I'd back the Hawks because of their experience.

I'm almost hoping Richmond sneak in to fourth just to see those dopey bastards crash out in straight sets - and you know they would....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In any final? Wow.

I'm on the Freo bandwagon. I'll almost certainly attend the GF if they make it.

One of my best mates is a die hard Tiger, he's one of the good ones, so for that alone seeing the Tiges get up wouldn't bother me.

Other than that, Freo or Doggies (pipe dream)

Just not a Hawks 3 peat, anything but that.

One of my best mates is a die hard Tiger, he's one of the good ones, so for that alone seeing the Tiges get up wouldn't bother me.

Other than that, Freo or Doggies (pipe dream)

Just not a Hawks 3 peat, anything but that.
My brother is a Tiger so I'd be happy if they got up (or at least had a good finals campaign).

I'm going for Freo for a few reasons. Firstly, because they're a bit of a second team for me. Secondly, and most importantly, because it would break every West Coast supporter's heart a little to see them finally win a flag.

Last edited:
Freo going all the way is the only positive outcome. Ross Lyon deserves to be a premiership winning coach (regardless of whether you like him or not), the supporters deserve it after some of the rubbish they've been subject to in their short history and Pav deserves it for being a ******* champion and a loyal servant to a club many would've understood him leaving earlier in his career.

West Coast winning would be a shock, which is rare in the usually extremely predictable AFL. Still not particularly desirable. Sydney and Hawthorn again would be vomit worthy.

As for Richmond, they haven't won a final since 2001. That's the longest drought (excluding GWS and GC) in the competition at the moment. Guess who takes that honour if they do win a final this year? It's probably petty, but I'm hoping they crash out purely for that reason.

As for Richmond, they haven't won a final since 2001. That's the longest drought (excluding GWS and GC) in the competition at the moment. Guess who takes that honour if they do win a final this year? It's probably petty, but I'm hoping they crash out purely for that reason.

Carlton taking our spot and winning a final ******* burns.

Freo going all the way is the only positive outcome. Ross Lyon deserves to be a premiership winning coach (regardless of whether you like him or not), the supporters deserve it after some of the rubbish they've been subject to in their short history and Pav deserves it for being a ******* champion and a loyal servant to a club many would've understood him leaving earlier in his career.

West Coast winning would be a shock, which is rare in the usually extremely predictable AFL. Still not particularly desirable. Sydney and Hawthorn again would be vomit worthy.

No, something about Freo (and Lyon for that matter) never winning a flag just seems right.

Eagles the least of the evils for mine this year. Hope they win it.

I'd prefer Hawthorn win it over Richmond/Bulldogs etc. They've already won, what 3 in the last 7 years? Another one won't really effect those outside of the club. Imagine a Richmond or a Dogs winning one before we win a final again. Fremantle I'd have no issue with either.

Meh. Great organisation. Keep on keepin

How anyone could wish Hawthorn win any flag, let alone their third in succession, is beyond me.

There is something about seeing the absolute best get the success. Think tennis, Federer is the greatest you kind of just want to sit back and enjoy them making history.

Ive heard people say similar about the Hawks and I can understand the logic. I was similar with the cats in their run, plus I had a lot of geelong supporting mates

There is something about seeing the absolute best get the success. Think tennis, Federer is the greatest you kind of just want to sit back and enjoy them making history.

Ive heard people say similar about the Hawks and I can understand the logic. I was similar with the cats in their run, plus I had a lot of geelong supporting mates

This is exactly why I enjoyed last years GF. A spectacle of awesome power. But two in a row is enough for that mob haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back