Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Leigh thinks that St. Kilda will beat West Coast to get Hawthorn 2nd.
If i were the eagles, i'd throw it.
Hawks are finals experienced, don't care about travelling, have rested Mitchell & Hodge, roughead in fine form, and a full compliment to pick from
Freo have looked cooked of late. Esp against quick teams. I'd bank beating Freo in WA over the Hawks if i were them. And avoiding the Crows should you lose that one. Adelaide are clearly the best team outside the top 4.

I know the tiger fans have been some of the most, persistent, posters on the HTB, but it's time to put aside childish things and focus on a much greater common enemy

Most likely we will face them two weeks in a row, and you have to get on the Tiggy Train. Yes we piss you off, and yes we're feral, and yes we have you ty zantuck

Ask yourself though, how ******* funny will the norf board be if they choke? No one shuts down big footy on a tanty like the three blokes who post on that board

I'd take enormous pleasure in results falling a certain way and you blokes knocking off Hawthorn in the semis...

I'd be happy with every single scenario that sees Hawthorn not win the flag. There's our starting point.

From there, Freo and the Dogs are my preferences to win it. Whilst I'd have the Dogs as my number one choice, I see Freo as being the most likely to satisfy the main objective (see first paragraph).

Richmond next. As much as some of their supporters annoy me, I do have a bit of respect for their fanbase sticking with them by and large through a pretty barren period of their history.

Adelaide and West Coast? Meh. The least of the remaining evils, I suppose. I'd not really be pleased with seeing them win it, but they are still some way ahead of North, Sydney and Hawthorn. Although I will put Adelaide ahead of WCE for the achievement it would be to win it from outside the 4 (again) and their extraordinary coaching situation.

So errr...a Dockers v Doggies GF please!

Last edited:
So Ross Lyon wants a vito to allow his Dockers to rest players this week?

Pretty sure it was his Dockers that ensured the AFL changed the rules to not see teams 'resting' a number of players in one game leading into finals.

Play the season like every one else Rossco.
Should be limits on the amount of plebs he wants to play if that's what he chooses.

Why would you do that to yourself? Why?

Husband is a West Coast supporter ;) A lot of the Crows fans now seem to think they are going to win the premiership ... ahh.

Husband is a West Coast supporter ;) A lot of the Crows fans now seem to think they are going to win the premiership ... ahh.

This town will be unbearable until they get knocked out. Funny how my wife is getting texts etc from all her Crows friends that don't even go to games and have barely spoken to her about football since 2012. The bandwagon is approaching capacity atm.

The wife is now saying next time Crows are down and Port are up, * them, she'll be delivering with both barrels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This town will be unbearable until they get knocked out. Funny how my wife is getting texts etc from all her Crows friends that don't even go to games and have barely spoken to her about football since 2012. The bandwagon is approaching capacity atm.

The wife is now saying next time Crows are down and Port are up, **** them, she'll be delivering with both barrels.

I thought it was kind of funny that after the match they had a group of supporters on the oval who had been to every home game of the season, I guess to thank them etc.

There was only about 30 - 40 maybe? Made me laugh.

Aaaand yep, living in SA is going to suck for the time being! I really don't think they will be getting too far though.

I thought it was kind of funny that after the match they had a group of supporters on the oval who had been to every home game of the season, I guess to thank them etc.

Aaaand yep, living in SA is going to suck for the time being! I really don't think they will be getting too far though.

Let's not forget the blokes fully decked out in their Crows gear on Friday night who went to cheer Collingwood on against Geelong. They're a special lot.

So Ross Lyon wants a vito to allow his Dockers to rest players this week?
1qGOvga.gif

I know the tiger fans have been some of the most, persistent, posters on the HTB, but it's time to put aside childish things and focus on a much greater common enemy

Most likely we will face them two weeks in a row, and you have to get on the Tiggy Train. Yes we piss you off, and yes we're feral, and yes we have you ty zantuck

Ask yourself though, how ******* funny will the norf board be if they choke? No one shuts down big footy on a tanty like the three blokes who post on that board
you fail to see the win-win in all this for us

If you win friday, you play them again, and we can laud the choke over either team
If you lose friday, then you've both got a tough job getting through the first final.

Technically speaking, since we aren't in the finals, this is about the next best thing :)

I'd be happy with every single scenario that sees Hawthorn not win the flag. There's our starting point.

From there, Freo and the Dogs are my preferences to win it. Whilst I'd have the Dogs as my number one choice, I see Freo as being the most likely to satisfy the main objective (see first paragraph).

Richmond next. As much as some of their supporters annoy me, I do have a bit of respect for their fanbase sticking with them by and large through a pretty barren period of their history.

Adelaide and West Coast? Meh. The least of the remaining evils, I suppose. I'd not really be pleased with seeing them win it, but they are still some way ahead of North, Sydney and Hawthorn. Although I will put Adelaide ahead of WCE for the achievement it would be to win it from outside the 4 (again) and their extraordinary coaching situation.

So errr...a Dockers v Doggies GF please!
Opposite here.

Ideal scenario - Eagles rest their players, drop this week, slip to 4th (still play at home week 1) and Hawks get the Swans here (a game i can go to with the wife's membership)
Crows win, Roos win, Elims are North v Dogs at Etihad and Tigers over in Adelaide. Tigers and Roos both lose first final. Delicious posting for the off-season.

Dogs or Eagles against the Hawks the following week should mean 4 awesome Hawks prelims in a row (Crows, Cats, Power, X?)
Dockers v Swans/Adelaide - Would love to see the Crows get through that one.

GF - Hawks v any of the Dockers, Swans or Crows.
Hawks on GF means big family BBQ & beer. and its quite good when they win.

Finals week 1; winners bolded

Fremantle v Sydney
Hawthorn v
West Coast Eagles

Richmond v North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
v Adelaide

Finals week 2;
Fremantle v Richmond
West Coast Eagles v
Western Bulldogs

Finals week 3;
Hawthorn v Richmond
Sydney v Western Coast Eagles

Grand Final
Hawthorn
v West Coast Eagles

* yeah, Frematle out in straight sets
*Sydney will manage their way to the final 4
* Bulldogs will surprise but not physically ready for the big teams.
* still won't write off Norf to pull a big one over there opponents.

I was at the Crows match today, Eagles really didn't seem to be trying.

Also, today has confirmed that the Crows supporters are absolutely horrible.
Interesting Simpson in his post match presser said that they carried a couple of sore boys into the game which usually means there were more than a couple, they are sorer than we realise, and they've got a lot of injuries so they sort of had to. imps

Yep it does. I live in Adelaide. Its been membership wars all week with Port spruiking about finally having more members than the Crows (by some paltry amount).

Dangerfield on the radio joking about how Port fiddled with the figures and threw in a stack of pet memberships to get them over the line (one bloke tweeted that at least pets are loyal). And then Kochy on his high horse discrediting Danger's comments. Big week.

And then the footy. A few weeks back when the Hawks shut them down there was a silent resignation that there was a chasm in class. But on the back of that first quarter yesterday the place is buzzing again.

Fremantle v Sydney
Hawthorn v
West Coast Eagles

Western Bulldogs
v Adelaide

Finals week 2;
Fremantle v Richmond
West Coast Eagles v
Western Bulldogs

Finals week 3;
Hawthorn v Richmond

Grand Final
Hawthorn
v West Coast Eagles

How do North win and get eliminated? Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it seems unlikely.

Fremantle v Sydney
Hawthorn v
West Coast Eagles

Western Bulldogs
v Adelaide

Finals week 2;
Fremantle v Richmond
West Coast Eagles v
Western Bulldogs

Finals week 3;
Hawthorn v Richmond

Grand Final
Hawthorn
v West Coast Eagles

How does North winning week 1 end up in freo vs Richmond?

North have landed on their feet here. Win or lose, they can't face Adelaide in Adelaide in the first week, so it would need a Sydney loss to the Suns to send them interstate. So it makes Friday night far more important for Richmond than it does them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back