Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason?

Good player, Good bloke off the field. Hasn't done anything particularly bad on the field has he? Except for carve up opposition teams.
A couple of years ago he tried to polax Melksham when the ball was 40 metres away then dived like a fairy princess when he got a tiny bit of contact. Then proceeded to chase after Melksham after a couple of minutes. ******** of the highest order.

Any reason?

Good player, Good bloke off the field. Hasn't done anything particularly bad on the field has he? Except for carve up opposition teams.
Roughy hasn't done one bad thing to Essendon players or fans.

Me thinks Eth is playing up on his anti-Hawk persona.

A couple of years ago he tried to polax Melksham when the ball was 40 metres away then dived like a fairy princess when he got a tiny bit of contact. Then proceeded to chase after Melksham after a couple of minutes. ******** of the highest order.
Lol c'mon man.

Roughy hasn't done one bad thing to Essendon players or fans.

Me thinks Eth is playing up on his anti-Hawk persona.
Nope. Have respect for a few Hawthorn players, but Roughead is a *******.

remember this quite well. he was being a dick wad at the time and diving like a little princess of the highest order. but he isnt a bad bloke away from field

Oh come on. Since when have I done anything logically?
Hey far be it from me to tell you who you have to like. Just found it odd that someone hates Roughy so much.

He's one of the rare good ones, plus he has never really torn us up (as Buddy was doing it all by himself)

Hi all hope I am not intruding. Just want to settle a discussion from the polls board. It was mentioned that James Hird during his career was trialled as a HBflanker. I don't remember it but could any of you give me any details of when it occurred, how long it lasted and how did Hird play as a HB?

Thanks in anticipation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all hope I am not intruding. Just want to settle a discussion from the polls board. It was mentioned that James Hird during his career was trialled as a HBflanker. I don't remember it but could any of you give me any details of when it occurred, how long it lasted and how did Hird play as a HB?

Thanks in anticipation.

Garry Ablett Snr says hello

I'd more say he was trialed as a full back on G Ablett Snr for about 20 minutes, as were many players that day in 1993.
Yep. This guy is claiming it was a much bigger trial on a HBF than 20min on Ablett. I can't remember that so just checking here as you guys would know.

Sheedy put Hird up back to get a bit of fire about him - pretty boys playing at HF all day or Forward pocket tend to get prissy pretty bloody quick so Sheeds would use him back on occasion, but no that often. s**t one day he played Greg Anderson on Jason Dunstall ffs. Doesn't make Ando a Full Back.

Hird spent time in the backline on a few occassions but as mentioned he put himself there when momentum was with the oppostion or during critical stages of tight matches. He was ******* good at it too.
Yeah, much like when Carey moved himself around, Hird had a similar licence. If it was a tight game Hird would often go back as a loose man in defence before it became "the done thing". From memory Kouta did it a fair bit too. All around the late 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back