Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

someone gets injured and the first post is a sincere-ish effort, the second post abuses the fans and the club and the third post abuses the player. good work guys

* 'em. After what we've copped they can GAGF. I am genuinely shattered for Rough though, he is a top bloke.

someone gets injured and the first post is a sincere-ish effort, the second post abuses the fans and the club and the third post abuses the player. good work guys
Context please.
poor Roughead.

hawthorn fans are campaigners. hawthorn is a campaigner

Roughead is a campaigner

Hi all hope I am not intruding. Just want to settle a discussion from the polls board. It was mentioned that James Hird during his career was trialled as a HBflanker. I don't remember it but could any of you give me any details of when it occurred, how long it lasted and how did Hird play as a HB?

Thanks in anticipation.

I think he did play there a couple times coming back from the facial injury. I have some recollection of him playing there vs the cats at Etihad. He played very well but was quite loose and a young Steve Johnson kicked about 3 goals on him.

Sheedy often spoke about it, drawing a comparison with Mark Harvey and how it prolonged his career. Never really got off the ground - probably because Hird hated being away from the action and because we couldn't afford him to be either. I think trialled is the wrong word in that, while he did play there and played well, it was never going to be a long-term thing.

I think he did play there a couple times coming back from the facial injury. I have some recollection of him playing there vs the cats at Etihad. He played very well but was quite loose and a young Steve Johnson kicked about 3 goals on him.

Sheedy often spoke about it, drawing a comparison with Mark Harvey and how it prolonged his career. Never really got off the ground - probably because Hird hated being away from the action and because we couldn't afford him to be either. I think trialled is the wrong word in that, while he did play there and played well, it was never going to be a long-term thing.
Thanks. It was in context of a Hawk poster saying Sheedy trialled him there for about half a season around 2005 and he failed as a HBF. I didn't think it was right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

via footy update / facebook:
SEN is reporting that Jeremy Howe had actually broken his finger playing Cricket for a local club, and not whilst playing frisbee with his dog as he has claimed.

Witnesses at the game state that Howe had hurt his hand trying to take a catch and immediately left the ground.

Howe is currently set to miss 1-2 weeks according to Collingwood.

Good way to start at the pies, make Balmey look like an idiot..

Remember when baz got poked in the eye?

lY7qj1.gif

Probably the best thing a hawthorn supporter has ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back