7rjv.png

o3i3.png

24nb.png

vzex.png

m4lr.png

ngr2.png

e7vf.png

817j.png

One of my down-time projects I've been having fun with is ice hockey jerseys for national teams that are a bit on the unconventional side (though hopefully good-unconventional, not unspeakably-terrible-unconventional like Nike's 2014 Olympic jerseys). Anyways, here's the set I put together for Australia; I'm interested to hear feedback from actual citizens for the first time!

AustraliaHome_zpsc6e680f9.png

AustraliaAway_zpscb041eee.png

Everton Lions can you try some of the Everton logos with a thinner EVERTON. It doesn't really work with that font IMO.

I was actually thinking that when I made it.

I did all the lettering on Paint (drawing instead of typing - can't type on a curve) and tried to make the "EVERTON" font consistent with "NILSATIS NISIOPTIMUM". I'm too lazy to change the font right now.

Back when there were rumblings of the Heart license being purchased by South Melbourne FC I came up with these kits, they'd probably look alright for SMFC on their own too.

smfc-compd by rabbitoh20, on Flickr
They look really good, I'd buy the either of the home or third. :thumbsu:
That away gradient however.... o_O

One of my down-time projects I've been having fun with is ice hockey jerseys for national teams that are a bit on the unconventional side (though hopefully good-unconventional, not unspeakably-terrible-unconventional like Nike's 2014 Olympic jerseys). Anyways, here's the set I put together for Australia; I'm interested to hear feedback from actual citizens for the first time!

Saw tryouts today for our national team. The current jerseys are reasonably good. I reckon something like this, replacing the sash with AUSTRALIA either diagonally a la Rangers, or some typography similar to Minnesota's jersey would look real schmick.

Better.

Though, can you try no gradient with blue shorts?

The only worry with no gradient would potentially be the St. George-Illawarra Dragons potentially having an IP lawsuit on a "red V on white background" jersey. I'll dummy it up anyway though like the original SMFC kit instead of a fauxback

The only worry with no gradient would potentially be the St. George-Illawarra Dragons potentially having an IP lawsuit on a "red V on white background" jersey. I'll dummy it up anyway though like the original SMFC kit instead of a fauxback
...?
You can get sued for having the same design? Never heard of that in my life.

Seeing as navy is the second colour on South Melbourne's kit, could you try it with navy as well? Sorry..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...?
You can get sued for having the same design? Never heard of that in my life.

Seeing as navy is the second colour on South Melbourne's kit, could you try it with navy and royal shorts?

they could probably say they were passing off, but maybe not. also you mean navy shorts?

Looks good! Although, I had a look at the Olympic jerseys after you mentioned them (didn't know what you meant), I don't see a problem with them. The Russian away could do with some work but I quite like the ideas behind the USA and Canadian ones..

Looks good! Although, I had a look at the Olympic jerseys after you mentioned them (didn't know what you meant), I don't see a problem with them. The Russian away could do with some work but I quite like the ideas behind the USA and Canadian ones..

The US jerseys are the worst, with the terrible-looking stars all over the shoulders, but whatever technique they use to make the stars look like that has cropped up on at least Canada as well, and it's a safe assumption it won't just be those two countries. The faux-laces at the collar were an awful decision as well. I'm not much of a fan of Nike's hockey jerseys in general, and I've never liked the way shoulder yokes look on their template (see: Russia's new home), they just come down too low. To be completely opposite you, in fact, the only new Olympic jersey that I think was truly successful in its creativity was Russia's white, and even then I could do without the shoulder wings.

The US jerseys are the worst, with the terrible-looking stars all over the shoulders, but whatever technique they use to make the stars look like that has cropped up on at least Canada as well, and it's a safe assumption it won't just be those two countries. The faux-laces at the collar were an awful decision as well. I'm not much of a fan of Nike's hockey jerseys in general, and I've never liked the way shoulder yokes look on their template (see: Russia's new home), they just come down too low. To be completely opposite you, in fact, the only new Olympic jersey that I think was truly successful in its creativity was Russia's white, and even then I could do without the shoulder wings.
I completely agree with the faux laces. They're unnessecary and look ridiculous. But the USA's stars are a good idea, even if they aren't executed very well. Perhaps if they were more of a watermark than a shiny fabric, but they're not that bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back