List Mgmt. Non-Freo Delistings - Players of Interest

Which (if any) of the Delisted Free Agents interests would you like to see at Freo next season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 18, 2014
Victorian Cheer Squad
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leyton Orient, Peel, Glory, MU, TCU
Given that the delistings from other clubs are starting to come thick and fast, and that discussion of them seems to be permeating the rookie and other draft threads, I figured I'd start a thread to track any possible movements and discuss any players we think could be recyclable for us.

For my own interest (and hopefully that of others), I've also included a poll with a few of the more frequently discussed names that have been linked to Freo in some way.

(* indicates rumoured delisting)

Can anyone confirm the rules here? If these guys nominate for the draft it is a no brainer, we can draft them as per any other player. But if we wanted to get any of them as a delisted FA outside the draft, we would have to delist another player right? Because we have to use our three draft picks either on players that nominate for the draft or rookie upgrades?

If we have to delist someone else to get one of them I just doubt it will happen.

Literally none of the above. I can't see any of them breaking into our best 22. None of them are particularly positions we need. And most of them were dropped from clubs because they're not up to standard for some reason or another.

Can I give a minus vote for Bootsma? Not only was he dropped for stupid off-field issues, if we did pick him up he'd only ever be a Freo player by name and a Peel player by the jumper he's wearing.

Hamling is the only one I would look at. Still only 21 and 193cm. Played some decent games in the VFL by all accounts. Seems to have been squeezed out by Stanley Clark.

Can anyone confirm the rules here? If these guys nominate for the draft it is a no brainer, we can draft them as per any other player. But if we wanted to get any of them as a delisted FA outside the draft, we would have to delist another player right? Because we have to use our three draft picks either on players that nominate for the draft or rookie upgrades?

If we have to delist someone else to get one of them I just doubt it will happen.
As far as I know that's the case. It does change every five minutes though. I would like to see the rules changed now that there are delisted free agents.

Brown or Hamling would be of interest for me.

Hamling is still developing and may yet become an afl player. Would not pick up both him and Brown, but Brown has some good skills, just cannot impose himself. Perhaps there is a role for him.

For either it would be last pick or Rookie.

The only real delisted player I would like is Simpson. Get him.

Mitch Brown (Geel) would be a chance, we did negotiate with him last off season (or maybe the one before that), key position, early draft pick, has had injury issues.

The one guy I'd love who has been delisted is Josh Simpson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Hamling seems the most likely. The club will no doubt ponder whether getting an experienced 21 year old who was seen as a long-term prospect and a top 35 draft pick is better than using pick 54 (or whatever it is) on an unknown player. He has very good pace and a good leap.

I wonder if the club will invite him to train with us at the start of Pre-Season.

Liking the looks of Grimley. If we could get him I would be happy. Also means we could get a midfielder or half forward/Midfielder in the draft with pick 13.

Taylor hunt to replace Crowley maybe?

Do we really want to replace Crowley? And if we do are we better replacing him with an attacking player who can also play a negating-defensive role? Hunt hasn't shown that he could be as good a stopper as Crowley nor as good a productive midfielder as Mzungu, Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Crozier, de Boer etc who could potentially get that job done.

I don't mind Hunt, but I have no interest in Hunt in our current squad.

Am I missing something? Grimley still plays for Hawks?

Only way would be him getting de-listed by the Hawks and we pick him up PSD?

Back