Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think "Crazy" is a bit of an exaggeration to be honest.

Agree.

Waite has some talent, no worries about that.

It's become a bit of a cliche but maybe the old "change of environment" together with an injury free run will see him become a really good pick up for North.

Not willing to write them off yet.

Waite has been forced to play key forward for Carlton. I think his best position is as a 3rd/4th tall. I could quite easily see all of Petrie, Brown, Black and Waite lining up for North in the one side.
All up forward? Gee poor old Aaron Black would be looking for some defensive help from the mids chasing all the run out of the backline. Also thinking Hansen would then be a certain lock-in defender cannot see him much up forward if those four are fit.

Looks like Rocket Eade to be appointed coach of the Suns. Could anything else go wrong for the Collywobbles, losing the Football and Coaching Strategist. Ha!

Eade at the Bulldogs seemed to be a coach that players either loved or loathed. Hope he gets a few Suns players offside around trade time next year.

Don't put up with Eade's crap Charlie Dixon.

Thought senior coaching might have passed him by. Interesting decision by the Suns to go with someone who, as you say TBD, has been known to put some players off-side. Going for experience.

What's his record again, fourteen years with one grand final appearance which also happened to be his first year coaching?

I think gold coast will end up regretting this decision.

Eade at the Bulldogs seemed to be a coach that players either loved or loathed. Hope he gets a few Suns players offside around trade time next year.

Don't put up with Eade's crap Charlie Dixon.
Thought senior coaching might have passed him by. Interesting decision by the Suns to go with someone who, as you say TBD, has been known to put some players off-side. Going for experience.
Particularly considering the reasons around Bluey's dismissal. It seems there are quite a few modern young footballers who don't appreciate tough love and Eade is pretty tough.

Particularly considering the reasons around Bluey's dismissal. It seems there are quite a few modern young footballers who don't appreciate tough love and Eade is pretty tough.

When I think of Rodney Eade I automatically picture him screaming himself hoarse at Brian Harris-Lake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be wrong but didn't we enquire about Eade and got knocked back ?

IIRC he was initially keen but ended up getting the shits and signing with Collingwood when it became clear he was a clear second fiddle to Paul Roos.

IIRC he was initially keen but ended up getting the shits and signing with Collingwood when it became clear he was a clear second fiddle to Paul Roos.

Eade became our director of strategy at the end of 2011. Well before Roos was considered for Brisbane's position.
Was then moved into an admin role in the middle of 2013.

Eade became our director of strategy at the end of 2011. Well before Roos was considered for Brisbane's position.
Was then moved into an admin role in the middle of 2013.

I meant to say "staying" not "signing". Still in trade period mode.

When I think of Rodney Eade I automatically picture him screaming himself hoarse at Brian Harris-Lake.
Yep, any slackers who didn't like being berated by McKenna could be in for a shock. Not that I blame coaches for doing so, but it might be a bit too old school. Players' attitudes change across generations, as they do across every walk of life, and teachers/coaches need to adjust somewhat.
Without wanting start a fresh 'gen x,y z' discussion, there are differences in how they approach situations and they in turn need some differences in approach. I think this is where Leppa sets himself apart from a lot of coaches. Far more cool, calm and collected. The whole 'laying down the law' or 'ruling with an iron fist' just doesn't wash like it used to. Finding that balance is the key and it depends a whole lot on the individual list.

Yep, any slackers who didn't like being berated by McKenna could be in for a shock. Not that I blame coaches for doing so, but it might be a bit too old school. Players' attitudes change across generations, as they do across every walk of life, and teachers/coaches need to adjust somewhat.
Without wanting start a fresh 'gen x,y z' discussion, there are differences in how they approach situations and they in turn need some differences in approach. I think this is where Leppa sets himself apart from a lot of coaches. Far more cool, calm and collected. The whole 'laying down the law' or 'ruling with an iron fist' just doesn't wash like it used to. Finding that balance is the key and it depends a whole lot on the individual list.

Maybe some of our guys can share with some of their guys what life in Leppaland is like when they meet up at the beach etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back